Sign in to follow this  
pimpedout97x

mach 5 subs in room?

hells ya

somehow i get stuck with the small room!

theres a movie theater room though...no windows....might put the 2 18's in there, see how they sound :)

i asked him today, theres no attic above the movie theater, so that leaves out that option of some 18's IB in that room....

Floor.

sorry dude, but i see where hes comin from, no way will rents let him cut 18 inch holes in the floor and dump substantial noise into the rest of the house. thats just obvious. lol.

You don't need holes that big, you can mount them in a baffle and have the baffle fire into the house. Sort of a box upstairs with the bottom side facing down into the room. Mount the subs on the outside and you are set. Really common for IB installs.

hells ya

theres a movie theater room though...no windows....might put the 2 18's in there, see how they sound :)

i asked him today, theres no attic above the movie theater, so that leaves out that option of some 18's IB in that room....

Floor.

sorry dude, but i see where hes comin from, no way will rents let him cut 18 inch holes in the floor and dump substantial noise into the rest of the house. thats just obvious. lol.

You don't need holes that big, you can mount them in a baffle and have the baffle fire into the house. Sort of a box upstairs with the bottom side facing down into the room. Mount the subs on the outside and you are set. Really common for IB installs.

dude, its not gonna happen lol. my dad will not let me. its his house, not mine. when i get my house, i will do it, but until then, i cant :(

hells ya

Floor.

dude, its not gonna happen lol. my dad will not let me. its his house, not mine. when i get my house, i will do it, but until then, i cant :(

SEE! lol, i live with my rents, i got that maw-15 from the competetion, two floors up my dad freaks out when i turn it up. but then again i'd probably freak out if my kid was shaking the whole house too. lol. simplest solution is a 15 in a 2'x2' cube tuned to 28hz. lotsa clean bass. more than enough to make your parents say chit!

could you take a vid of you 15 and like walk outside your room and record if it shakes anything?

:D

i can, but not yet. and since my room is an entire floor of the house, i'd have to walk upstairs :P

i need to build a box for it, the box its in now is tuned for around 47 hz, great spl, but no real bottom end. once i've got my box, i'll record one for you.the amp im going to be running it off is similar. im goin for the buttkicker amp. bk-1000a, 1100 watts at 4 ohm 2100 at 2. its more power than my single 15 needs. but i figure ill run it at 8 ohm, and hope for the best, its roughtly 550w rms @ 8 ohm. so no issues there. im sure as long as your not cranking on the gains you wouldnt have an issue running only one, but like i said, doesnt need a huge box. so you can build a 4' x 2' x 2' box and tune it low, use it as a coffee table. lol. just make sure the speakers are outta kicking range or you get some decent grills to keep em alive.

Edited by BiNarY

the coffee would rattle off :)

The box isn't sturdy enough then...

im seriously thinkin about buildin a box for 2 18's, down firing, and making the top like double or triple thick, and using it as like a desk/extra large night stand lol.

ill do 3/4" mdf all around, and then get some birch and put that as the second layer, so i can stain it to match my furniture. where should the port come out at if i downfire the 18s?

im seriously thinkin about buildin a box for 2 18's, down firing, and making the top like double or triple thick, and using it as like a desk/extra large night stand lol.

ill do 3/4" mdf all around, and then get some birch and put that as the second layer, so i can stain it to match my furniture. where should the port come out at if i downfire the 18s?

you can point the port down as well

Don't just double or tripple layer it, use a swiss-cheese style bracing in a matrix style bracing setup.

what is swiss cheese style bracing and matrix bracing?

who wants to design me a box for 2 18s so i can build it :)

Edited by pimpedout97x

what is swiss cheese style bracing and matrix bracing?

who wants to design me a box for 2 18s so i can build it :)

I'm guessing he means "window" bracing, like this. Ties all the sides together, so VERY strong. But I also did double thick walls just to be sure.

1001437nv6.jpg