Sign in to follow this  
nimbyfaygo

Opinions on purchasing 1500D

I'm redesigning the system in my truck. I'm going to be running 12 Re Audio RE 8's. Dual 4 coils, so I can get a .5 ohm load (i think). They are 175 rms, so if I use a 1500D I should be able to give them 125 each.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about sundown. I'm just curious if the 1500 will be a good choice. I'm aware that they aren't warrantying .5 loads now. But I have a 200amp alt. 3 Mercedes 1200amp batteries and a dual 1/0gauge wire run.

I used to run two Orion 2500'd and the voltage would only drop down to 12.4 ish.

I guess I'm being cheap, but I'd like to find a place where I can get one for less than 599$. I don't see anyplace that sells them within a 150 mile range.

I'm redesigning the system in my truck. I'm going to be running 12 Re Audio RE 8's. Dual 4 coils, so I can get a .5 ohm load (i think). They are 175 rms, so if I use a 1500D I should be able to give them 125 each.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about sundown. I'm just curious if the 1500 will be a good choice. I'm aware that they aren't warrantying .5 loads now. But I have a 200amp alt. 3 Mercedes 1200amp batteries and a dual 1/0gauge wire run.

I used to run two Orion 2500'd and the voltage would only drop down to 12.4 ish.

I guess I'm being cheap, but I'd like to find a place where I can get one for less than 599$. I don't see anyplace that sells them within a 150 mile range.

Denim or Kluv on here are usually very well priced. As for running at 1/2 ohm, you will be ok with your setup to run at .5 ohms. It is NOT warrantied though.

Most any dealer will quote you under $599 but all dealers must list that price.

am i seeing right?

he is trying to drive 125 RMS each woofer with the 1500D ?

i think the numbers are just not right here

Looks like he wants to run 12x low powered woofers... should actually work quite well for him I would think :) I've heard a wall of those RE 8s before with around 1500 watts and it slammed.

Looks like he wants to run 12x low powered woofers... should actually work quite well for him I would think :) I've heard a wall of those RE 8s before with around 1500 watts and it slammed.

sundownz is right. 1500 divided by 12 is 125 watts.

Since I know that the sundown 1500 can put out a lot more than 1500 watts@ 0.5 ohm.

Thats going to be a lot of power for those 8's.

Remember that they are only 175 watts rms each.

Think, 2000/12 =166 watts per sub! Since I have a great electrical system. The amp should be able to preform to its maximum!

sundownz is right. 1500 divided by 12 is 125 watts.

Since I know that the sundown 1500 can put out a lot more than 1500 watts@ 0.5 ohm.

Thats going to be a lot of power for those 8's.

Remember that they are only 175 watts rms each.

Think, 2000/12 =166 watts per sub! Since I have a great electrical system. The amp should be able to preform to its maximum!

ahhh my bad :P didnt see that "12 subwoofers" part:)

i thought hes running a pair

whoopsy:D

i think its gonna bang!

Sign in to follow this