Casey1217

Lookin for recommendations

I need a whole new design for next year and im not sure what right now i have a Q15 and in pushing 1500 watts to it and im hittin low 40's but anyways i have these dimensions 28d, 35w, 19h and im lookin for probably mid 50s range so if anyone has any ideas let me know cause thats what im lookin to save up for this summer

A 150db and above will not be acheived with that equipment. Sorry, but thats the truth.

I mid 150db system takes some serious power and equipment. (and even then, it's no cake walk)

The only thing you can do to up your score is to build a straight up SPL box with areo ports and all of that jazz. Not to be played music on.

BTL 15, 3kw from amp, serious electric system. thats wut i suggest i know someone with a 15(brand not named since its not FI) on an IA 20.1 running at .35 ohms in a 98 ext cab silverado doin 150's not mid 150's but 150's none the less. so its not a far fetched idea with a single 15, but like kickin said, its no walk in the park.

i know with 1 15 thats hard but im saying im using 1 15 for this year and next yr the Q15 is comin out and i am putting some other stuff injust dont know what and i wanted some suggestions

ok, BTL 15(s) 3kw for each (however many u choose) SERIOUS ELECTRICAL. at least a 300 amp alt unless u plan on using straight batteries for power, maybe running 16volts or so to get more power out of ur amp(s) if so get a lot of batteries, deep cycle. i personally like the optima yellow top group 31 as far as a box goes, try like 3-3.5 cubes per 15 and your gonna have to just play around with tuning. i suggest doing interchangable port box so u can swap out ports easily to find the one that likes your car or truck. 150's with one 15 is not out of the question. im not sure about mid 150's so dont hold me to that. but its all gonna take some tweekin and playin, alot.

thats what i was thinkin about doin but right now on my Q15 i have a 5 cuft box so i might be able to get 2 in 10 cuft but with btls

I dont see why 2 btl 15s with the proper power wouldn't get you where you want to be with some work, and the electrical to back it up. I'd start beefin up that electrical system and planing the room for the batts too though..

On your 15 Q...do you have any extra options or is just a standard 15" Q? Reason I ask is cause I wana know if a regular Q will take 1500rms...thanks man

The "Q" as i have been told is rated for 1k stock but can handle up to 1300 with good gain settings and volume control...

With the BP option that could bring the handling up to possibly around 1600 watts....

truth be told you can hook up a 10,000 watt amp to the sub and if you have volume control, xovers/sub filters and gains set correctly it will "play" nicely....

On your 15 Q...do you have any extra options or is just a standard 15" Q? Reason I ask is cause I wana know if a regular Q will take 1500rms...thanks man

yes i have the regular Q15 before they brought out the option and it takes 1500 watts like a champ and i love it it sounds great and gets loud