Sign in to follow this  
Fi Car Audio

Congrats to tejcurrent...

I dont know, the HT setup with the coffee table sounds sick...

Only problem with that is finding a decent amp that'll give the q fair power for a reasonable price. HT amps are crazy expensive at any dealer around here. Then I still have to find a good source unit and speakers. Honestly either one will be similarly priced in the end. The house has hardwood w/ a red/blue oriental rug in the living room, so slightly darker woods would look very nice. Maybe a mahogany? Either way, the killer has been the amp issue.

Go with a 18in BL or Q and use a crown Amp

I dont know, the HT setup with the coffee table sounds sick...

Only problem with that is finding a decent amp that'll give the q fair power for a reasonable price. HT amps are crazy expensive at any dealer around here. Then I still have to find a good source unit and speakers. Honestly either one will be similarly priced in the end. The house has hardwood w/ a red/blue oriental rug in the living room, so slightly darker woods would look very nice. Maybe a mahogany? Either way, the killer has been the amp issue.

I just got a Behringer EP2500...hopefully it is turns out to be bad@ss. Used for $200 from ebay.

Partsexpress.com has 2 good size amps for decent price

500rms for 298$

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=300-806

and the 1000rms one for 398$

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=300-808

both at 4 ohms

i say home theater, would be cool to watch the war movies and such then, already have 2 BTLs, 4 is just a litttle much for me

A few of my friends have said the h/t because the 4 btls would be too much for them too...one friend heard it for the first time yesterday, got in, gave him 2 sets of ear plugs, he still got out and asked to hear it from outside the car- saying it made his chest hurt.

I've got resistance fall of man for PS3-awesome game-and they were saying how much better it would be with some low end to help the explosions and such. I'd have to agree with them.

Just checked that link- the 1000 watt looks good to me- thanks a lot.

I am glad that TEJ won it, if not I would have been pissed cause even though I am not on the Fi forums 24/7 Like i used to Tej has first hand experience with the product, whereas i have knowledge and firsthand experience with tons of different products, although none from Fi. Tej is a great member of this community and a very helpful person who has taught wayy to many of us a thing or two.

I would have loved to have won it for a 18" Q for HT use as well as that is my current project besides finishing my Sundown/ TC sounds street A db drag car.

Edited by audio-neon

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=300-808

I was liking the look of this amp because I could build it into the underside of the table where it would be out of view for the happiness of the wife, and stand less of a chance of others playing with the controls.

After talking to scott I found out an 18" Q would need ~20ft... but an SSD would only need 12. I think I might go with the ssd because there's no way I could make a coffee table that big blend in with the rest of the furniture. I'm trying to find a good source unit right now, so I'll be able to hear it when I set it up.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I was kind of looking at a harmon kardon 7.1 (the avr 247) -any input? I would go with that onkyo, but the wife prefers the silver look to match the tv :ughdunno: Thanks.

I've done the math:

Home setup- ~500(amp)+500(receiver)+500(speakers)+100(rcas/wire)+200(cdplayer)+200(table)+200(build materials)=$2000-2500 give or take.

Extra BTLs- 750(subs)+1500-2500(amps)+build materials(400) (not counting what I have)=2650-3650

making the h/t setup cheaper no matter what. EVERYONE seems to think the h/t setup would be better than 2 more subs, saying I have enough bass in the car. I have a difference of opinion... I don't know...

the h/t setup would be better than 2 more subs, saying I have enough bass in the car.

BLASPHEMY i tell you........ BLASPHEMY !!

I love a good H/T system. If you watch on ebay I bet you can get that harmon kardon cheaper than $500. What kind of speakers are you going with and are you going to get a dvd/cd player?

the h/t setup would be better than 2 more subs, saying I have enough bass in the car.

BLASPHEMY i tell you........ BLASPHEMY !!

THANK YOU SIR!!! :fing34:

My thoughts 100%

RIckRolled recommended a great site to me, but everythings just too expensive right now. I was thinking build my own towers with some infinity speakers in there for the time being, smoothed over and painted silver to match everything else. Unless someone else has a suggestion, I can get infinity speakers with one set per tower @ <$50 a tower (me building of course).

DVD player will be the PS3-has HDMI cable and works good.

No joke, as long as I'm not outbid in the next 16 hours... always seem to lose by <$1.00 on the good stuff at the last few seconds.

Oh well, If I win it was meant to be, right? :)

Been checking up on a lot of scams on these things. Maybe I should hold off before paying 400+ for a set that could be fake?

Too late, I won @ $275. Hope they're legit.

Edited by tejcurrent

Thanks for the link, hope they work out good.

It is decided that I will be getting 1 home theater sub.

Sign in to follow this