btchn1

Low numbers, what should I try

I have been building my brothers blazer for stereo competition. I have the build in the build log area under "walling an s-10 blazer". The system is Four MA Audio 802sx amps (about 2500 watts RMS) to four 15inch fully loaded BLs with the SPL option and they are dual one ohm. The amps are then running at 1/2 ohm mono. They are in a 23 cubic foot box with a port mouth of 32 x 9 inches and it is 2 1/4 inches deep. Our best test score today was a 153.7 at 51 hz. We tried longer ports but the one we started with is the loudest so far. We have not tried making the port mouth smaller and it can not be any bigger. We also have not tried putting stuff in the box to take up cubic feet. The amps are still dipping down to about 10 volts off of four Napa orbital blue top marine batteries. We have not upgraded the stock alt yet either. Any suggestions on how to get louder? We were shooting for 160s. Thanks, Lee

Not the best choice of amps either...

I've more less forgot all the old spl tricks of the trade; stuff doesn't interest me at all anymore...beatin the hell out of some screwed music at 150++ is where its at :)

Are you measuring that voltage drop at the amp or at the batteries? Have you measured the voltage while playing loud at the front, then at the rear to compare the two? Either way, as said get another alt to start with.

Edited by tejcurrent

The blazer hit a 154.1 this weekend and we will test the voltage drop some time soon. Thanks for the advice and I will keep you all updated. Lee

x2 on the power, the hk4000d would be the best choice from MA if you HAVE to go with MA.

I think he was saying you'll need more runs of power or a better ground by asking about the front/back voltages :D

I've heard the Atomic amps are sick the 5000.1 and 7000.1

Maxxsonics new Crunch GP3000 is a sick little amp too, supposed to be affordable whatever that equates too :lol:

American Bass VFL 500.1s are starting to float around the net and those are sweet amps too, louder than the SS XXX by like 2db according to a post on termpro :D

Are there any suggestions for the box or do you guys think its all about power? Again its 23 cubic feet with a port 32x9 and 2 1/4 deep. We are using four FI BL 15s. Thanks, Lee

have you rounded over the port? Also I would try bringing the box volume down. Also what frequency are you playing and how much are the subs moving at full tilt burp?

Thanks

Shawn

I was wondering Mr. Fleming what I could do also to get out of the 170 db rut.. I want to play in the mid 170s. I am trying to raise my freq up over 42hz but Im n ot having much luck. Any suggestions professor Fleming?

You da man Shawn Fleming, you da man.

Yeah, bring it down here! ;) And lets to the the traditional bandpass, not that japanese rising sun bullsh!t backwards stuff you had in there! :)

PS. Yes yes, I know, Im da man!

Yeah, bring it down here! ;) And lets to the the traditional bandpass, not that japanese rising sun bullsh!t backwards stuff you had in there! :)

:lolup:

You are da man!

I'd love to see the vehicle in question, I'm giddy just thinking of it... :D

Where you reffering to sundown Audio

We are burping at 51hz. The port isn't rounded over. We tried different lengths for the ports and ended up with the best numbers right where we started at. The frequency didn't change much though with the different lengths, up to 24 inches deep. How is the best way to take up space in the box without disrupting the airwaves? The subs don't really look like they are moving all that much but I will have to look again. Thanks, Lee

funny, funny guy.... It may be some backwards rising sun stuff but there is NO ONE on this planet that is louder than me at 42hz.... and only one lonely FI sub at that...now is there?

23 cubes for 4 15s?

thats almost 8cubes apiece... :(

I'm sorry, I don't follow?

23/4=5.75 each.

O.K. here goes. Right now we have a 23 cubic foot box with a port thats 32 high, 9 wide, and 2.75 deep. That tunes us to 40hz. The blazer seems to do its best right now at 51hz. Now, here is the question. Should we shrink the box down to 14 cubic feet which tunes us to 51 hz with the current depth? That also gives us the ability to lengthen the port to tune us a little under 51hz. I had read somewhere that you acually don't tune to the frequency the vehicle likes, but instead 2-8 hz under it. Or should we go to 16 cubic feet and it will be tuned to 48 hz with the current depth? Thanks for the help, Lee