pimpedout97x

what you think of my new rims for the MINI?

not here yet, hopefully in 3 weeks or so. but i ordered them (about a month turn around time)

Anella AN540's, all black, 18"

toyo proxes FZ4 215/35/18s

http://superbuytires.com/Anella/AN%20540

gonna black out all the chrome accents on the mini (unless i put the rims on and i like how it looks with the chrome...) and im gonna get the MINI center cap to cover over the Anella center cap logo.

600 shipped for brand new rims and brand new toyo proxes....not bad :)

So the rims will be half as tall as the car? :P Wait...rims AND tires were $600 shipped?? From the price listed, your rims alone should be a little over 600 without tires... Looks like it's $1,160 tires and rims...unless you get some kinda discount?

Edited by Big E

theres a dude on FloridaSPL.com by the name of HORNETS NEST (Ronnie) and he gets things for 1/2 off retail. how, i dont know. but hes legit according to peolple that buy from him, my friend bought from him, and some big competitors vouched for him. i took my chances!

I might have to look this guy up. Nice choice in rims, I've always wanted black rims to compliment my black truck.

picforls1techad0.jpg

I would love for my truck to look like that. I used to have that picture saved to my hard drive but I can't find it so I had to use the screen shot I took. I almost bought those rims too and I have a 4"/6" drop that's been sitting in my garage for a year now.

Should look nice. I love a black on black car like that, but since my yukons blue and don't plan on painting it before I sell it, I've just stuck with stock. I'd probably get some 26"+ crome rims because the black on blue would look more beat-up than anything :P

I say nice choice, I'll have to check that guy out.

They're not bad looking at all. Will have to wait to see how they look on the car but for the price, they're not bad. Only thing I don't like about them is that they have too many wholes. I personally like rims to only have the amount of lug holes required by the vehicle. I also would go ahead and black out the grill and such. I personally don't like the chrome grill and rings around the headlights on the mini's. I'm not sure if the jcw has them, but I know the others do.

ya my jcw has the chrome.

i believe thats just a universal pic of the rim, ive seen some DRAG (brand) rims on superbuytires with all those lugs drilled out, but on actual MINIs that have them, theres only 4 holes. i think they drill them to order. if not, ill have to live with it :(

2kchevy, put that drop on!

heres my quick photoshop of the anella's

all-black-mini.gif

also in that photoshop: blacked out window trim (under the glass), door handles, tails, and that little side emblem/vent thing

I might be the only person, but i don't like the all blacked out look, i think you have to have the accents to make the car look right.

I might be the only person, but i don't like the all blacked out look, i think you have to have the accents to make the car look right.

I'm with you on that. There needs to be some contrast.

Looks like someone went to town with a can of matte spray paint.

Nice Mini! The new wheels look good and for the price that is tough to beat.

My wife's 2005 took a chit recently. It's been nothing but problems since it passed the 50k warranty mark. Great cars, but they need to seriously put their dealer repair centers in check. They wanted $250 to replace a fog light and brake light (bulbs only). Took me less than 10 minutes to do both and cost about $5. We have found a much less expensive local mechanic to work on it, but she's gonna get rid of it soon.

Nice Mini! The new wheels look good and for the price that is tough to beat.

My wife's 2005 took a chit recently. It's been nothing but problems since it passed the 50k warranty mark. Great cars, but they need to seriously put their dealer repair centers in check. They wanted $250 to replace a fog light and brake light (bulbs only). Took me less than 10 minutes to do both and cost about $5. We have found a much less expensive local mechanic to work on it, but she's gonna get rid of it soon.

Sounds like our 528i :(

I'm with you on that. There needs to be some contrast.

x3

keep the chrome accents. also, i'm not a big fan of black rims on black cars.

i wanna buy a chrome grille to put on the xj. waaaaay too black in the front.

sorry about the 528i problems Aaron.

seems like mechanics are expensive everywhere. vw stealership asks 150$ / hour to change the brake pads. took me 30 mins and a big clamp.

I think it looks good with black grill and accents. Here is an example, it does have a little bit of contrast with the rims and roof but the front end is still all black.

dsc3720yz1.jpg

The lips, accents and chrome trim make a big difference.

sort of like the eminence

actually no one likes them though :D

I know of a few designs that actually have Eminence drivers that sound good :P

But they don't have 36 midranges and tweeters.

I know of a few designs that actually have Eminence drivers that sound good :P

But they don't have 36 midranges and tweeters.

Nothing beats the guy that had horns under the sides and front of his Escalade in Daytona. As soon as I figured out where the music was coming from I was speechless... :puzzled:

lrg-687-day3-044.jpg

lrg-685-day3-042.jpg