Sign in to follow this  
platnum accord

sundown sub?

i thought there was some dvc one coming out that could take the power from 4 saz15's or from one saz3k

You are referring to the nightshade. Jacob, you got a time on it?

i thought there was some dvc one coming out that could take the power from 4 saz15's or from one saz3k

You are referring to the nightshade. Jacob, you got a time on it?

Nightshade is still in development and is scheduled for next year.

so 4 1500s, would it take 2 3ks?

was that for daily or burps?

I want it to be listenable, so making it to handle the full brunt of 4x 1500Ds all day long doesn't make sense. That much power will be reserved for burps -- a single 3000D or pair of 1500Ds for daily is plenty. The prototype took up to 10kw before one of the coils opened up. We determined it was probably due to the fact that the proto had only 6 spiders when it should have had 8 spiders -- this lead to the coil rocking which scraped the gap making a thin spot on the winding, which burnt through due to the high current.

Next proto will have 8 spiders, a longer coil, and a harder cone. I'm not rushing this sub, it'll be out when it's ready :)

Indeed... I've been waiting on the modified coil for a while. I am also working on arrangements to have the Nightshade assembled in the USA as well... so it'll take some time :)

jacob, are we going with a composite cone... and any possibility of doing a competition version (much like the TC 5200 kit?)... I want them in 10"ers... LOL.

jacob, are we going with a composite cone... and any possibility of doing a competition version (much like the TC 5200 kit?)... I want them in 10"ers... LOL.

There won't be any options at first. It's pretty tough to get a quality SPL sub out at all :) It's going to have a ridiculously hard paper based cone.

i happen to be a huge fan of paper cones over plastic and metal... lol!

Sign in to follow this