Sign in to follow this  
power-fanatic07

Best SPL Sub

im wondering what the best overall SPL sub is? i have a 15" Fi Btl and im thinking that it is close to the top of the list.....other than the RE trip X what else can take wattage and make windshields flex?

If there was one best SPL sub, wouldn't you think everyone who competed would be running it? :D

lol.....well thats why i posted a thread about it....everyone has different opinions....maybe i didn't word it right i meant in your opinion what is the best....

In my opinion, there is no best :)

Only what's best for your specific install & budget.

There is no "best" SPL sub. Just what works for each individual person. RE MT's worked great for me, but for someone that has spent hours and hours tuning and testing with a DD 9500 a drop in test with an MT might yield a drop in SPL.

A XXX isn't an SPL sub.

A BTL is about top of the heap for powerhandling, durability, and SPL potential.

A XXX isn't an SPL sub.

Neither are a lot of other drivers that have done well in the lanes :)

BTL's are a great design for some people, but they flat out don't work for others.

well i got it on about 1800 watts rms and its doin very good for me.....im just getting used to it i guess and wanting something different....but i think im going to keep it and just get one more in a month or so

well i got it on about 1800 watts rms and its doin very good for me.....im just getting used to it i guess and wanting something different....but i think im going to keep it and just get one more in a month or so

go x2 on the power... to that sub youll like it a lot more :)

A XXX isn't an SPL sub.

BTL's are a great design for some people, but they flat out don't work for others.

:(

Just be careful with it.

"Getting used to it" is a good recipe for losing your hearing by the time you're 30.

Just be careful with it.

"Getting used to it" is a good recipe for losing your hearing by the time you're 30.

Just be careful with it.

X10 on the doubling the power. I loved mine with 2000, but they got so much better with 4k.

Yeah, I would be concerned with the 'getting used to it'. That's a baaaaad thing. The wife tells me she wants to make sure I'm able to hear when I get older because of how loud the subs I have now are, and I've been talking about getting 2 more.

Be careful with your hearing, you can get hearing aids, but I've seen an 80 year old man cry because he couldn't talk to his nephew (me).

He was a great man, and had a lot to say when he could hear to carry on a conversation. (couldn't really afford good hearing aids.)

I'd def. give those btls 3k each though, 4k if your want to compete.

A XXX isn't an SPL sub.

I'm just saying that if you're gonna talk about SPL subs and RE, XXX isn't the place to start.

Do you mean some people don't like them because they don't cost enough? Or is there another reason some people don't like them?

Do you mean some people don't like them because they don't cost enough? Or is there another reason some people don't like them?

Don't like what?

Not liking something and not having something work are different things...doesn't matter how much someone likes Fi, if the BTL isn't the right driver for a specific installation, that's that.

Not liking something and not having something work are different things...doesn't matter how much someone likes Fi, if the BTL isn't the right driver for a specific installation, that's that.

Uder what circumstances would a BTL not work, where a XXX would?

Uder what circumstances would a BTL not work, where a XXX would?

I'm not exactly sure where you're getting this from, I'm not trying to compare the BTL to the XXX at all...just saying they aren't going to be the end all for every installation :)