Burbarry

Scott Help BTL Competition Box

Scott,

I just want to start off by saying thanks for the fast delivery of the recone for my sub it made it here in time for me to take 1st at usaci show in Omaha with a 141.7. But, now I need to build a competition box tuned to around 43-48Hz since my car is tuned to 45Hz. any help with this would be great. My email is eckolancer@neb.rr.com for box deminsions and print off sheet.

Thanks again for all of your help.

No offence or anything, but stuff like this needs to be done yourself through time and tons of testing. We simply can't design a box thats going to be 'loud' or 'louder' than what you have in your car now...mainly because we aren't there looking at the car and the scenario in which the sub is in...

What we design may completely miss the frequency that your car likes (it may not peak at 45hz with a new enclosure)...

SPL stuff your pretty much on your own man, we do boxes for daily drivers and what we recommend for musical scenarios...about the only thing i could tell you to do is play with volume, port area, and depth until you find a combination that works for your car...

Hey Nick, I know you have mucho experience in the SPL field, would you mind talking a little about how volume, port area, and depth play into overall SPL?

You are a good resource for us.

Thanks

Hey Nick, I know you have mucho experience in the SPL field, would you mind talking a little about how volume, port area, and depth play into overall SPL?

You are a good resource for us.

Thanks

It all comes down to teh car mane.

Aint no real set volume that it will be loudest in every car. Same with port area.

Just gotta build boxes and test.