ThomasG

Competing with Daily setting?

okay, well i emailed scott about changing but i havent recieved a reply and im worried! on whether or not he will get it before he makes my sub....does anyone have a phone number to call? i need it fixed

man.

EMAIL not PM, EMAIL nick (ngmustang) if you're having trouble getting scott, he is a busy man.

i contacted nick too STILL no reply from either! its supposed to be shipped tomorrow! guess im screwed

Nick is busy as well. But chances are that if he hasn't replied in a day or two he probably didn't get the e-mail.

Anyone compete with the daily setting?

Yes. I've been running Solox 12's for years. IF I were to break one, it would take me a total of 5 minutes to replace it, without having to lift anything :D

Anyone listen to music with the SPL setting?

No, that is stupid.

Comes down to how picky you are, and how much of a compromise you're willing to live with...using a BTL daily is a pretty heavy compromise to begin with.

Maybe for Jim"sq"J...but I think they sound better than Image Dynamics I used to run.

NOTHING wrong with BTL sq...very respectable, and they get loud as piss too.

edit: MY BTL is daily @ 31hz, and I love the way it sounds. Ask Jim what kinda BTL he has. :P

God, I always thought your name was fitting but you have finally taken the cake and swallowed the damn thing whole.

Not much going on in Fargo, eh?

i contacted nick too STILL no reply from either! its supposed to be shipped tomorrow! guess im screwed

The email that i got about a btl was taken care of, i'm not sure what your email address is/was though.

q.bammer@ ??? perhaps?

Otherwise i haven't got an email about one..

okay, well i emailed scott about changing but i havent recieved a reply and im worried! on whether or not he will get it before he makes my sub....does anyone have a phone number to call? i need it fixed

man.

EMAIL not PM, EMAIL nick (ngmustang) if you're having trouble getting scott, he is a busy man.

PM...that's how you tell someone is new to Fi.

man.

PM...that's how you tell someone is new to Fi.

well i may be new but im not an IDIOT! i didnt even try to PM him he just warned me to NOT attempt it! even though i didnt! BTW everything was taken care of Scott emailed me back

It is not a night and day difference between the SPL and daily version TS wise. It can be night and day due to the tolerence differences for higher excursion daily applications though. I do need to make an ammendment to the SPL/Daily description as well since I get many people asking about Bassrace. Since it is music, it still falls under daily and not SPL. SPL is for a 2 second burp on a tone and really doesnt matter longevity wise as a whopping 2 minutes of competition adds up to 40-60 burps.

All it is between the two is a tolerence/machining change. SPL is tight, daily is not as tight (but still not as wide as a Q).

Still working on a JimJ approved sub that can handle the power/abuse of a BTL :)

Still working on a JimJ approved sub that can handle the power/abuse of a BTL :)

If you can do that, I will be amazed and then procede to buy one.

It is not a night and day difference between the SPL and daily version TS wise. It can be night and day due to the tolerence differences for higher excursion daily applications though. I do need to make an ammendment to the SPL/Daily description as well since I get many people asking about Bassrace. Since it is music, it still falls under daily and not SPL. SPL is for a 2 second burp on a tone and really doesnt matter longevity wise as a whopping 2 minutes of competition adds up to 40-60 burps.

All it is between the two is a tolerence/machining change. SPL is tight, daily is not as tight (but still not as wide as a Q).

Still working on a RIckRolled approved sub that can handle the power/abuse of a BTL :)

interesting