Sign in to follow this  
bdawson72

Ranger Blowthrough

So, Ive been sitting here thinking about about what I should do.

I'm wondering if Aeroports could be a viable solution.

Thats a lot of work. I wish I could help on the build.

It should be pretty fun. I'm just scared of cutting my the truck myself. I guess I'll probably get someone else to do that one.

Personally, I wouldn't.

Losing your hearing isn't worth it.

Now, if this was for a dedicated vehicle that would only be used in competition, I'd think differently...

Jim it definately wont be that loud. I doubt that I can even break 150 :)

cut it you wuss

Spite install now!

i have the plasma cutter and the mig and tig welder

cut it you wuss

Spite install now!

:(

Hey B, I did not ask, were you going for something that you plan on for competition?

My first big system was a cut-through in an '85 Ranger. Full cut-through, not a blow through. Box was bolted to the cab but extended into the bed. The amps sat in front of the subs and everything was clearly visible behind/between the front seats. Got pretty loud for the time ('96) and a sealed setup using JL subs. It moved enough air that it would blow out a match in the space between the front seats.

Magic-marker, tape, a straightedge and an airsaw. Get to work.

cut it you wuss

Spite install now!

:(

Hey B, I did not ask, were you going for something that you plan on for competition?

It'll be my DD. But I will be going to competitions with it :)

My first big system was a cut-through in an '85 Ranger. Full cut-through, not a blow through. Box was bolted to the cab but extended into the bed. The amps sat in front of the subs and everything was clearly visible behind/between the front seats. Got pretty loud for the time ('96) and a sealed setup using JL subs. It moved enough air that it would blow out a match in the space between the front seats.

Magic-marker, tape, a straightedge and an airsaw. Get to work.

I dont know why it scares me. But It does. I'll probobly get enough courage 2 cut the truck in the next 2 weeks.

But back on topic. Does anyone actually think that on-axis aeros could be a viable solution.

Chad might.

I talked to Mark a while ago and he showed me some pics of a ranger blowthrough that he did

Untitled-6.jpg

But, i then talked to someone esle and they suggested that instead of doing the port on the passenger side. They suggested that I do a port in the center.

Edited by bdawson72

If I had more experience in this department I would offer up some suggestions, but I don't :(

All I can say is in the 2 installs I have seen that were blow through port was on the passenger side.

Check out Car Domain for more info man.

J

I talked to Mark a while ago and he showed me some pics of a ranger blowthrough that he did

Untitled-6.jpg

But, i then talked to someone esle and they suggested that instead of doing the port on the passenger side. They suggested that I do a port in the center.

there is actually a port on both sides of this box, just can't see it in the pic. Also, I build that set up when I really didn't know much about boxes(spl set ups), I was just learning at that point. I believe that was a chambered box, 6cube per side. That did a 149.7 or so on an audio control with a very small amp, 1000D or so...FYI

this box I built was more on the SPL side, was tuned at 62hz, and was doing mid 150's with only 1500watts\

1988 Dodge Dakota blow through

12f^3 tuned @ 62hz

ah, the memories...

4.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

wow...better late thannever hun...

port position depends on compeition.

If you gonna compete with it....Common chamber the subs, position your subs on the side the mic will be on, port on the other.

Daily app only...you can port center but it takes away spl ...you can do dual chamber and put both ports in the center...that will spread out your wang evenly in the cab ...fun for you and passenger...

Do not protrude your enclosure past the back wall...you want to keep all your air waves in front of the subs...hense "WALL"...this is not a wall but the point is to keep waves from going behind your subs.

Protrude a little and build a counter flange to make it even........makes it mo pretty too.

Street banger set up....approx 3.5 cubes ported per 15...this will keep your overall box in your bed from taking up a mountain of room.

plasma cutter is the win......

must be careful...gas tank below.....

Sawzall is safer but not as pretty.....

Grinder is your friend....

Leather gloves also your friend...

Re-enforce edges.........

3M window weld in the gap of your accordian boot....THEN put it on.......

Keeps water from finding a home....

Carpet catches on fire if you use torches or plasma around it.....take interior OUT......

Build small frame for woofer box to sit on...2x4 flat works....this will keep you from cutting your bed completely flat and ruining integrity of bed more than you want...

12's are easier!!!!!!!.......do 12's or 10s.....lol....

Makes for smaller hole.....

Have fun....take pics.......