Sign in to follow this  
arizcats9987

JL vs Fi vs Orion

I am curious about the Fi subwoofers. I have never heard them in person. I was planning on getting the JL W6V2 however I see that a LOT of people own Fi subs on this board. I can see that they are cheaper but are they actually better than JL?

Another sub I was looking at was the Orion HCCA 12.4.

I am going for SQ mainly however there are times when I want to really rip things apart with that bass.

Thanks in advance for the help

I've never been particularly impressed with Orion's woofers.

Between the W6v2 and either the Fi Q or SSD would be a tough choice...honestly for what you'd want you'd probably be happy with any of the three. Guess it'd come down to your budget.

well from my understanding (which isnt much), isnt the Q better than the SSD?

Depends on your application and needs. The Q will handle more power and is a solid SQ driver, the SSD is very capable too and can be optioned up to your liking. :)

Someone won the SQ comp with a 12Q and 600w on them but I forgot who and what comp was it. May dig out at Fi forum for that.

If you're after anything resembling SQ go ahead and rule out the Orion.

we sell bolth JL and orion at the shop,,,and i have a Fi in my focus,,,of the three im swinging with FI,

I'm submitting a write-in vote for SoundSplinter. Mike certainly knows SQ subs. :)

What's your budget like? And do you have an amp yet?

Take a look at the package section of the SSA store. Some of the Sundown/ICON combos may be a good fit for you at a reasonable price.

If nothing else, you can at least see some general specs on the Soundplinter drivers fuzzyping mentions.

well first off i dont really wanna spend more than 400$ on a sub. I plan on getting two so about 800$ there. as far as an amp I want a decent on that can power both without being too expensive. I was thinking about 300 for an amp.

I do want SQ most of the time. But I also want something where at times I can blow my friends systems away with loudness. I am really leaning towards those Fi Qs at the moment.

I'll 2nd the RL-P vote. VERY good SQ and 2 of them should be plenty loud/low when you want them to. If you're more about SQ, then get subs to meet that goal as you'll enjoy them more of the time vs the rare times you want to get really loud. IMO the RL-P has better SQ than the Q, not that the Q sounds bad, both are nice subs and the Q's will get louder. Decisions...decisions....