sundownz

SAZ-3000D Power Testing

Made a separate topic for regular voltage testing. Hopefully I can get more in-depth testing with a stronger electrical system soon.

-----------

Pyramid 50 Amp Power Supply

8 AWG from supply to batteries

Kinetik 2400 Battery

Duralast 1000 CA Battery

2 AWG between batteries

4 AWG from batteries to amp

Fluke AC current / voltage meter

Sears DMM

Measurements:

65.8 volts

49.2 Amps

1.33 ohm calculated rise from 0.6 ohm DCR **

3237 Watts

14.4 volts rest dropping to 10.75 volts

** - Rise was higher than when I tested the 1500D, it was 1.08 ohms for that test. Presumably since my single run of 12 AWG speaker wire is heating up some much due to the extra power. I also did a few test runs at lower volume so the coils were warmer as well.

-----------

UPDATE ON AUGUST 26 2007:

Sean Belanger drove up from SC today with his O-Scope and a bunch of meters.

This setup was in my SPL truck with the engine OFF. At this time I have 2x Powermaster D3100s, 1x Kinetik 2400, and 1x DEKA Intimidator hooked up in the truck.

I had my trusty 50-amp pyramid supply hooked up to my batteries with 12 AWG wire just to keep them topped off, supply was set to charge at 12.8 volts and no higher.

Discovered the following from the testing:

1) Power output stays about the same as what I measured above even with a drop to around 11.8 volts.

2) Efficiency was high at 0.5 DCR with a rise to 1.32 ohms @ ~80% measured at 3030 watts of output.

3) At 0.5 DCR with a rise to 2.08 ohms we measured ~90% efficiency at 2572 watts of output.

4) When the amp was dropped down to 0.175 DCR with a rise to 0.82 ohms power only increased to 3450 watts. At this load we had to roll the volume to avoid protection so voltage was dropping to 11.2 volts by the time we got a reading. Efficiency dropped to around ~65 - 70% at this load.

5) We could have gotten more "output" from the amp but we stopped increase gain and volume when clipping made the wave-form ragged.

My conclusion for the SAZ-3000D is that, even for SPL competition, that dropping under 0.5 DCR won't gain very much. The power gain is small and results in a significant reduction in efficiency.

In a Street-A or similar one-battery limited vehicle the 3000D seems to work best for 0.5 DCR with a 2x - 4x impedance rise for maximum efficiency levels, especially if multiple amps were utilized and efficiency were key.

Am I nuts or are you saying that this thing does 3200 watts at 1.33 ohm (actual) at 10.75 volts?

If I am reading that correctly, JESUS CHRIST. That kinda juice is well worth the price.

That is what my testing showed, yes. I should probably do it again and take a little video :)

:woot: i will be needing one of these soon. jacob, got any b-stock ones yet :)

I do not have any, sorry!

so u don't have any?

I have plenty of brand new 3000Ds, just not b-stocks as he asked about.

i'm getting very anxious! I'm recieving mine tommorrow :D

you mean that you are recieving mine tomorrow :finger: now hand it over

Jacob just looking at the numbers you posted...

in this test the saz-3000d was drawing about 50amps ?

Jacob just looking at the numbers you posted...

in this test the saz-3000d was drawing about 50amps ?

No, that is the output current to the speaker load.

3200 watts at 1.33 ohm (actual) at 10.75 volts.

very nice, low v score. I was thinking of running in street A with one.

haha b stock. if i come with a hammer in hand can i leave with a new b-stock amp?

*laughs*

I will probably end up with some refurbished amps by the end of the season thanks to my competition guys :) They can always find a way to blow stuff up. No b-stock yet... but I'll probably have at least one by the time I go through them all. I tested six yesterday on my "lab Mags" (the pair of Mags I test everything with)... after six 3000Ds in a row the Mags were a bit smelly *laughs*

haha b stock. if i come with a hammer in hand can i leave with a new b-stock amp?

*laughs*

I will probably end up with some refurbished amps by the end of the season thanks to my competition guys :) They can always find a way to blow stuff up. No b-stock yet... but I'll probably have at least one by the time I go through them all. I tested six yesterday on my "lab Mags" (the pair of Mags I test everything with)... after six 3000Ds in a row the Mags were a bit smelly *laughs*

yea them guys are the best kind of testing you can get if they cant kill em your in good shape

the only thing getting killed by my sundown 1500 is my car :( best of luck with the 3000 to anyone who has one. or is getting.

I think I could handle the 3000d my electrical is bretty beefy as it is

i'm extremely impressed with my 3000d...it's holding up quite well on my electrical, only thing not holding up is my blazer. i guess it's not used to being beat up @ 31hz

Will post vids later! :D

Edited by Loud01Blazer

is that with the HO alt and a stock battery or with the three 2400s that say "coming soon" in your sig?

yea he has the HO alt and a yellow top under the hood and if I remember right he is running 2 of the stinger 1000s

thats with the ho alt optima under the hood, and one stinger spv44 in the back...the stinger is just temporary

thats with the ho alt optima under the hood, and one stinger spv44 in the back...the stinger is just temporary

If you wanna see what that amp will really do I have saturday the 28th off

so u don't have any?

I have plenty of brand new 3000Ds, just not b-stocks as he asked about.

Whats the difference between new 3000D'd and b-stock?