00mustang

first system

Alright i'm going to be getting my first system for my car. I plan on getting 2 12" FI SSD's and a cadence TXA-1000d which is 1000watts at 1 ohm. I have heard many good things about FI that is why i am getting the SSD's but do i need them dual 2 or dual 1ohm to work with that amp. Does this sound good or should i get something else. All this will cost me around $600 so that pretty much is my budget.

Dual 1 ohm would work well for you.

What's the rest of the system, or is it just a substage?

I agree with Jim, and I am curious what about the other speakers and amps?

right now im just worrying about the subs after i get some more money i'll get some components. But i was looking and i saw the AA assassins and thought it would be cool to do 4 8"'s . How would the output of the two be what would be louder and what would sound better. I will build the enclosures and they will be ported tuned to 32 or 33HZ. Also with 4 of those what ohm loads could they wired to.

Edited by 00mustang

I'm assuming by your SN that you are installing all this in a 2000 Mustang. If that is the case, I'd highly suggest starting with your frontstage and adding subbass later. Deadening your doors, and getting good quality drivers in there with some power behind them will provide you with more satisfaction that you could imagine. Hell, in mine, I don't even need to run subs and I can get extension down below 30Hz just from the frontstage.

Hell for $600 you can get a HU, EQ, deadening, an amp, and good speakers. That's a far better investment than subs and an amp IMO.

I am with the Tirefryr all the way. Subs without a front stage are pretty useless in my book, a front stage without subs though can really put a smile on your face.

...but it's not the hot ticket for ground-pounding...

Why don't we ask what the OP wants to accomplish.

He called it a system, a front stage is a system. Subs and stock crap are not.

right now im just worrying about the subs after i get some more money i'll get some components. But i was looking and i saw the AA assassins and thought it would be cool to do 4 8"'s . How would the output of the two be what would be louder and what would sound better. I will build the enclosures and they will be ported tuned to 32 or 33HZ. Also with 4 of those what ohm loads could they wired to.

Front stage will come later. I want to know what the assassins are like because it's more unique to do 4 8" subs if there output is good enough.

Where I'm from, system means anything from a pair of rear 6x9's to a complete overhaul of the vehicle. System was more than one component that wasn't originally on the car.

Typically, it was used meaning a pair of subs and an amp.

Where I'm from, system means anything from a pair of rear 6x9's to a complete overhaul of the vehicle. System was more than one component that wasn't originally on the car.

Where you are from sucks.

I lol'd

I lol'd

x2 :+1:

I lol'd

Well all of this really helps.

Why not a compromise, how about a pair of 8's and some components up front?

Tirefryr is a good resource for mustangs, he has a few.

I lol'd

:lol2: sorry but that was hilarious

No disagreement there.

Do a search on this board for "system" and see how many component sets and mids and highs returns you get. I'm not saying I'm right...I'm saying YOU'RE WRONG.

A pair of 8's MAY get as loud as one 12. If it were me, I'd figure out how much space you can work with, and get one driver. Either an SSD or maybe a Q with no options. The 12 will go deeper(louder) than the 8's.

Either way, bass will be fine.

Then you HAVE to start saving for the front stage.

I lol'd

So let me get this straight...

M5 says something stupid (subs and stock crap are not a "system"), I correct him nicely, he says something mean to me, and now there's a lol circlejerk?

WTF?

I suspect you guys aren't getting your recommended daily allowance of CA.com....go be dicks there.

When mods are being dicks...users leave

M5 says something stupid (subs and stock crap are not a "system"), I correct him nicely, he says something mean to me, and now there's a lol circlejerk?

WTF?

I suspect you guys aren't getting your recommended daily allowance of CA.com....go be dicks there.

Lighten up, it was funny.

I lol'd

WTF?

I just got your PM, and don't get stressed about it. I hope the side discussion stops here. You both make a point about the term system, and we can leave it at that.

We laugh because you guys are fighting on the internets.

NOT because either is right and someone got pwnt.

Lighten up a little bud.

And debating the correct usage of "system" isn't helpful to anyone.......just as M5's comment about the place I was born and raised, isn't helpful to anyone but himself.

Aaron, you've missed my point entirely.

The longer I stay here, the more frustrated I get with the "help".

If I wanted to be made fun of, I'd go to CA.com. If you want, I can send you 20 posts by M5 (not directed at me) where comments he's made serve only to frustrate, confuse, and annoy your paying customers. If you don't care, I don't care.

I think I hear ROE calling my name.

/me in this thread

And debating the correct usage of "system" isn't helpful to anyone.......just as M5's comment about the place I was born and raised, isn't helpful to anyone but himself.

Aaron, you've missed my point entirely.

The longer I stay here, the more frustrated I get with the "help".

If I wanted to be made fun of, I'd go to CA.com. If you want, I can send you 20 posts by M5 (not directed at me) where comments he's made serve only to frustrate, confuse, and annoy your paying customers. If you don't care, I don't care.

I think I hear ROE calling my name.

/me in this thread

**Rubs ears** WOOOOOOOOSAAAAAAAH

calm down buddy, its all fun and games

I lol'd

WTF?

then please do leave