Check out these other great forumsSoundSolutionsAudio.comAudioAddicts.netCarAudio-Forum.comCarAudioResources.comHomeAudioForum.net

SSA Tax Refund Sale
Modified Show, Tune In!

The new 2013 Death Penalty Series!

Photo
- - - - -

2-way active

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 joe dirte

joe dirte

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:35 PM

alright figured i would star a new topic ablout this. I came across this topic and thought this would be a good way to go. http://www.soundsolu...?showtopic=9618
So if i was to go this way i wouldent have to get an new expensive headunit. But are there any other amps i could use for this that are a little cheaper.

#2 ///M5

///M5

SSAudio Level 14

• SSA Tech Team

• 64,929 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:38 PM

What car, what headunit do you have, and what size/space requirements do you need for your soon to be new front speakers?

Please read my posts with care. I do not pull punches, but state exactly what is on my mind. My goal is to make you think, make you try harder and to improve yourself AND this forum. This doesn't mean that I don't like you, am being aggressive towards you, or have any other hidden meaning. Instead look at it as me trying to make you better. In no way at all should your butt be hurt by my posts. If so, read it differently. You agreed to taking criticism when you joined, doesn't mean that you have to choose to take it personally. The more effort you put into your threads and posts, the more I will in return. What you get out of it is up to you.

Posted Image
Posted Image
New members topics >> SSA Membership Terms + New Topic Guidelines + New Member Welcome

I was. Super proud I didn't shit my pants. I was sure it was going to happen.

We sit on the same bench. Your "asshole" just makes me curious.

#3 joe dirte

joe dirte

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:36 PM

car-98 grand prix
HU-Pioneer DEH-P6900UB
size/space-could probally put a 7" in the door and it already has a spot for tweeters

#4 joe dirte

joe dirte

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:59 PM

So what are some good 4 channel amps to use. That are somewhat cheap $350 and under.
So going 2-way do i need mid-range or will these also work
peerless
seas
vifa
these tweeters
seas
vifa
peerless

#5 ///M5

///M5

SSAudio Level 14

• SSA Tech Team

• 64,929 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:00 PM

That headunit doesn't have crossovers for running drivers active how are you going to cross them over?

Please read my posts with care. I do not pull punches, but state exactly what is on my mind. My goal is to make you think, make you try harder and to improve yourself AND this forum. This doesn't mean that I don't like you, am being aggressive towards you, or have any other hidden meaning. Instead look at it as me trying to make you better. In no way at all should your butt be hurt by my posts. If so, read it differently. You agreed to taking criticism when you joined, doesn't mean that you have to choose to take it personally. The more effort you put into your threads and posts, the more I will in return. What you get out of it is up to you.

Posted Image
Posted Image
New members topics >> SSA Membership Terms + New Topic Guidelines + New Member Welcome

#6 ///M5

///M5

SSAudio Level 14

• SSA Tech Team

• 64,929 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:01 PM

So what are some good 4 channel amps to use. That are somewhat cheap $350 and under.
So going 2-way do i need mid-range or will these also work
peerless
seas
vifa
these tweeters
seas
vifa
peerless

By definition of 2 way there is no extra midrange only driver.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 joe dirte

joe dirte

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:09 PM

ok here we go starting from scratch $1000 budget. will that be enough to do this.
Need new headunit what are some that will work
Need a new amp for this what are some good ones to use
Whatever is left over is to spend on drivers hopefully dont need more $.

#8 johnnylemoine

johnnylemoine

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:23 PM

for 2 way active front stage refer to the HU's i suggested in the other thread. probably about 200 bux for most of them on ebay.

Edited by johnnylemoine, 09 August 2007 - 05:23 PM.

94 chevy ext cab (bagged)
200 amp iraggi alt
yellow top group 34
yellow top group 31
1/0 wire
'05 RE XXX 18
4.2 cubes sealed
RE 36.1 sub amp
alpine 9835 HU
eD 6000's up front
SEAS tweets
orion xtr 800.4 (active)
Posted Image

#9 joe dirte

joe dirte

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

On that thread that i have at the top the guy has a sundown sax-100.4 and it says
The Sundown 100.4 can be used to crossover actively and the guy has a Pioneer DEH-P5900iB so couldent i run a 2-way active system that way. And arent ther any other amps that could do that for cheaper.

Also what are some suggestions for drivers?

#10 ///M5

///M5

SSAudio Level 14

• SSA Tech Team

• 64,929 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:41 PM

You could use your amps, but I would highly suggest something like a headunit in particular for a first try. It is much simpler i fyou can make changes in the front of the car and not have to pop the trunk. Also, you might be just as well off in the long run as you should be able to sell your headunit and the amps will be cheaper without, in particular if you can buy used amps.

For a new h/u I really think the 880 is bang for the buck the best. Some people have had issues with them so get it from a good place, but I love the flexibilyt of it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 joe dirte

joe dirte

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:55 PM

So is $310 a good price for that headunit. So now we have that covered. On to an amp and the drivers. Probaly want to spend a round $300 on an amp do i want a 2 or 4 channel and what are some ideas. And spend around $300 on drivers what are some options there.

#12 JimJ

JimJ

Banned

• BANNED
  • 18,490 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:23 PM

You need a four channel amp or two 2-channels.

#13 mpimm

mpimm

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:45 PM

x2 on the 880. By 880, M5 means pioneer premier DEH-P880PRS if you were confused.
Just installed mine a few days ago and I couldn't be more happy. The adjustments just make all the difference.
Good luck!

#14 ///M5

///M5

SSAudio Level 14

• SSA Tech Team

• 64,929 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:12 PM

What sort of listening preferences and installation locations do you have? Also, would help to know if you have a metal/soft tweet preference or cone preference.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 joe dirte

joe dirte

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:23 PM

Im just looking for a front stage that will blend good with my substage which is most likely going to be an FI Q. So this is going to be a SQ system.
So what are some good 4 channel amps that are $350 and under.
What are some good drivers that will work in this install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

#1 Car Audio Forum Since 2001!