yenwen

LSQ super confused please help me

Optimum enclosure as recommended by Kicker or optimum enclosure found by trying many different enclosures and a Termlab?

Beings I dont have access to a Termlab "sigh" yes the enclosure specs came from Kicker, so ok I know where your going with this Jim heh

So can the SI mag d2 out hit a RE SX?

*cringes*

Well, at least we know where you stand on the SQ/SPL thing.

That's totally box dependent. I've seen both Mags and SX's do well in pure SPL installs, one may work better for your specific situation but that's something you'll have to see for yourself.

To the OP, you are not looking for SQ at all. Stop pretending.

As for your question, the one thing is for sure and that is you will have much better support from SI. RE is pretty much done in my book.

Optimum enclosure as recommended by Kicker or optimum enclosure found by trying many different enclosures and a Termlab?

Beings I dont have access to a Termlab "sigh" yes the enclosure specs came from Kicker, so ok I know where your going with this Jim heh

Optimum enclosure specs from Kicker and from SI are two completely different beasts. I blame your box.

Thanks a bunch for all of your replies guys!! So, I went over to my local shop to talk to him about it and he said that the CVX would do some major damage. and that the SI MAG D2 was manufactured by RE for SI. Are there any reviews on the Kicker CVX?

Ask Nick and get it straight from the horses mouth so to speak. I would also be willing to wager that shop carries the cvx and not the mag's :)

well you're right there. they don't have mags but they do have tc, re, and lots of other subs.

Well, technically RE did NOT make the Mags, but they were built in the same buildhouse that builds drivers for RE. I don't know what that has to do with anything anyways.

The Mazda 6 is built on the same assembly line as the Ford Mustang. . . What does that tell you? Absolutely nothing.

I haven't heard the Comp VXs, but knowing Kicker, I'm sure they're performers.

Well, technically RE did NOT make the Mags, but they were built in the same buildhouse that builds drivers for RE. I don't know what that has to do with anything anyways.

The Mazda 6 is built on the same assembly line as the Ford Mustang. . . What does that tell you? Absolutely nothing.

I haven't heard the Comp VXs, but knowing Kicker, I'm sure they're performers.

I can see where the Dealer is going with that. If yenwen decides on the Mag instead of the Comp VX, the dealer will most likely try and sell the RE to yenwen.

Anyway, if you (yenwen), really want to know how good a Comp VX, or RE, or Tc sub sounds, why don't you ask that dealer if he has any installed in a car that you can listen to?

BTW: is the term "LSQ" the same as "LSQ"? (Hmm, It seems to change S Q L to LSQ automatically, so I guess that answers my question.)

Edited by king alpha

Yea I'm going to swing by the shop again today to see if there's anything he can show me so I can hear the difference. I'm also planning on having him custom make a box for me.

how do i change my enclosure? buy a new box? build a new box? custom a new box?

Yes to all of the above. Whatever will work best for you.

King Alpha, SQL is a term we find non-existent on this forum, so every time you type SQL, it comes out as LSQ. It's a filter.

Nick has the optimal enclosures listed on the site.