Sign in to follow this  
cx-7heaven

Ok, it's comin.....

Just ordered a Havoc 18 to replace my 4 tens. I will try to do some kind of review when I get it, although the only thing I have to compare it to will be my 4 tens. Wish me luck!!!

good luck man. youll be pleased going to an 18.

and just to make you want it some more, mine came in today

aa183.jpg

all the build logs reviews will be sweet to add to SSA as content. thanks again for the business guys.

Scot, Is the cone as smooth and sexy as it looked in the original AA pics? Are you going sealed or ported with yours?

Scot, Is the cone as smooth and sexy as it looked in the original AA pics? Are you going sealed or ported with yours?

why yes it is. and i havent built a sealed box in years, and i dont plan to anytime soon.

aa181.jpg

aa182.jpg

IB it....ya know you want to. ;)

edit: Wow....that does look good!

why yes it is. and i havent built a sealed box in years, and i dont plan to anytime soon.

aa181.jpg

aa182.jpg

I luv those subs!

id say i have a new sub i want to buy. maybe throw 1500 to it. in a nice low tuned box. 4.0 / 4.2 @ 28 hz anyone? or maybe a 2.0 sealed

nice sub.

wow i havent seen a cone look that good since tc sounds stop using the white cones

thats sub can get it

It's here!!! And sexy as hell. The beast wieghs in at 35 pounds. I'l be starting the build by the weekend, shouldn't take too long as I'm going to use the enclosure I already have, and build on to it. Pics are coming, probably early next week as I dont have a digital cam, using a disposable.

My cat loves it too(you'll see what I mean)

Hers my cat lovin on the havoc:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...si&img=2674

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...si&img=2676

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...si&img=2677

Build log is in the album and also in the build logs section.

It is an amazing sub.... I have never seen that much window flex before in my life! It will be a while until I get the full potential out of it, as break in will take some time.

Ok, after messing around with the sub for a couple days, I have some info for all interested parties. My original box(sealed) was 7.57 cu ft gross.... 7.0 net after bracing and drvr displacement. It goes super low with authority in that size box, however for my taste not enough punchiness. Today, I filled the box with some wood scrap on the order of 2.1 cu ft, and the sub really loved that! It became punchier, with very little sacrifice to the low-low end. So, this weekend, I'm gonna cut down the box to 5 cu ft, and play with driver facing as well.

Stay tuned to this channel........

5.0 is not too bad at all.

Glad that worked out for you. I thought that it would when we talked. 5 cubes is very good for an 18" of that nature.

Yeah, thanks Devil, you really helped me out on that. See this is my first time messing with an 18, I've been into the caraudio thing since the early 90's, and played with 10-12-15" subs, but soon found that 10's were where it was at for me. But now, I wanted to get deeper, without having 6 or 8 subs in my trunk, so the 18 definitely fits my bill.

Sign in to follow this