Sign in to follow this  
yama168

RLI-8 Dammmm

today I finished my ported box for a single RLI-8 tuned @ 33hz. It went into my wifes highlander running @ 2ohms off a digital designs SS1 and all I can say is Dammmmmm. The sound is incredable, the bass tight, clean, very musical and very loud on all music from yung yoc to some hawaiian music. I just need to tune the amp tomorrow and Iam sure it will even sound better then today (untuned). Iam glad I made this purchase and will continue to use, buy and spread the word about soundsplinter here in Hawaii..

Aloha

Edited by yama168

:)

Is the box for the RL-i sealed or ported? Over at the Stereo Integrity section, I found out I won't be able to put my Mag into my Rav4 the way I need to, so I was looking at a single RL-i-10 or a pair of RLi-8s. Maybe one day we can meet up, so I can actually hear what a RL-i sounds like and if it's to my liking. I don't remember the last time I've been to Ewa Beach.

Edited by king alpha

I'm going to be building a sealed enclosure for my two RL-i8s. I will probably put my T-Box up for sale, but I doubt I'll be shipping out to HI. :(

king you're more then welcome to drop by or meet. Yes the box is ported @ 33hz got the sub and port facing back. I want to hook up my digital designs M2 to this box but unsure if the sub will handle that much power. I know I will have to set the gains carefully and be extra careful on the volume knob..lol

Aloha

Glad you're digging the woofer my man, thanks again so much for the superbly tasty Kona coffee you sent my way :morning:

Only problem is, I don't know if I'll be able to drink the local grinds anymore! :Doh:

As for your DD M2 amplifier, with a dual 4 RL-i8 wired in parallel it should feed around 850 watts to the driver. While more than I would ever comfortably recommend, people have used up to 1000 watts per RL-i8 sucessfully. Then again, people have used up to 1000 watts and killed their drivers as well! :(

So be very cautious if you do, and if you really do decide to juice it, make sure you only do so for a very limited time!

I think I will squash the m2 idea and stick with the ss1 and besides the wifey is saying its just fine the way it is, shes really digging the setup. But you know how guys are we need to keep upgrading and adding,removing and rebuilding..lol.

ALOHA

I have a single RLI-8 i really want to port. how much airspace is your box before the port? and how big is your box total? if you don't mind me askin :)

rexbox I have a total of 1.5 cubes after port. and iam really loving this sub. Did a comparasion with a 1508 in the same box with same amp and same car only diff is the 1508 is a svc. and I diddnt like how the 1508 sounded it was muddy and very sloppy certain songs diddnt sound good either unlike the rli-8 .

Aloha

wow thats pretty big I don't think I can pull that large off in My Scion xb since I need all of the cargo area for stroller and other baby stuff. Ill have to go sealed :(

Went to a metering session in Hawaii today and I got a 131db @ 36 hz all this off a stock deck and factory door speakers with a loc to a DD ss1 @ 2 ohms for sub stage.. Iam happy with the score will try to improve the score in time

Aloha

yama sampled his box for me today and i was really impressed! the sound quality and what this woofer can hit is far more impressive than the numbers. it played all the notes on late night tip with no problems. i was just in awe. could be the box too, but if the woofer can't do it, the woofer just can't do it...... and this one did everything and more!

Yo let me tell you

whoever thinks SS 8's don't got game hasn't heard Yama's 8

yupp ONE 8 and that thing sounded like 2 10's.....

It hit low and freaking loud....

I am seriously considering an rli 8 for the wifes ride now...

thank you yama for giving us a listen..... I was telling everyone... "no that's not 8 myron is running... look at the score and listen to it... it's gotta be 10's" Boy was i wrong lol...

Yama definitely rep'd soundsplinter today in Hawaii...

thanks philip, and theabunai for the comments. yeah this 8" amazed me also just installed it on like thur I dont even think its broken in yet but I put some unreal power to it just for giggles (saz 1500d) and let me tell you this sub took it like a champ then asked me for a beer..lol.. next want to get louder for comps/metering I dunno yet..

Aloha

yama beat me for second on sunday at the local comp with 2 rli-8's.. the mic was a/c but the day before the comp i hit a 141.7 on the t/l. i dunno what that would translate to his system but pretty close. we were couple tenths from echother on the a/c. congratulations yama and how's the sunburn?

thanks philip... the sun burn is going away gotta remember the sun block next time

I diddnt beat you by much my 2nd run was 144.5... but any ways good job. gotta get ready for sky's

event in nov hopefully I can hit good # on the termlab..hahaha

here you go baccus. this is a pic of my system that yama beat at the comp with 2 rli-8's. no excuses a loss is a loss. i did have some issues leading up to the comp. my hat's off to yama for a great job. hope this holds you off till someone posts pics of the comp. funny how we all came home with somethin besides sun burn that day.

fromthecamera070.jpg

fromthecamera072.jpg

Edited by philip

Dammmmmmmm 144.5db with an 8" sub :slayer:

we have guys that come out to the shows and have 2 12" and cant get over 140db

Sweeeet

i know this wont work in every suv but try pointing the boxx port up & pull it all the way to the backwindow

i went up 2.4db doing that

thanks baccus for the comment I tried the box the way you mentioned and it didnt help

what worked for me was to angle the box with port aimed dircirectly into drivers far back

corner and the subs bout 5" from the hatch... first run of day was 144.6db's..philp did a

good showing also with the Fi bl10 he gave me a hard run for my $$$ that day... also

keep in mind both philips and my boxs are tuned for daily... we both are in the works of

making spl 1 note wonder boxes....

Aloha

eh yama look at randy's port. look familiar? how you think i got the idea? look at your dustcap. i was suppose to do that for my friend who wants a pair of rli-8's for his truck.

hahaha thats sic I neva thought for do that... so what did you start your pl box yet for sky's event on the 18 of nov?..

Aloha