oxsign

Another fedex nightmare

How was the packaging? FEDEX has always been good to me.

Insurance claims are relatively easy through them too, so here's to hoping it got insured.

How was the packaging? FEDEX has always been good to me.

Insurance claims are relatively easy through them too, so here's to hoping it got insured.

I hope it turns out easy. It was insured for $250.

IMG_1325-1.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

^^^

ditto

When I ship a sub, I make a crate for it that encases the motor, basket, and even goes over the top of the cone (with 3/8 plywood) to prevent something like this from happening. Well, then I pad the sh!te out of it with foam, packed paper, and anything else that will protect it from shocks like dropping. But still, that main packaging looks in decent enough shape. Are you sure it wasn't already broken when it got shipped?

Even though that totally sucks, it could be worse. I work for the post office and I can guarantee it would've probably been a lot worse. Best of luck on resolving the situation with fedex

yeah holy crap, if they don't pay the full amount I would demand the seller pay the rest to get it fixed. Since he/she packed it all shitty.

it probably still works. It looks like none of the spokes were damaged, so it probably could be epoxied. But still, get your money back for sure.

looks like ace ventura delivered that lol

i really lol'd. it does.

ive never had any problem with any shipping company (knocks on wood). i know ups is a pita to get claims from ,from what ive seen. fedex might be better. good luck with that.

what was it going into?

Edited by sqhertz

it probably still works. It looks like none of the spokes were damaged, so it probably could be epoxied. But still, get your money back for sure.

If you want to increase your post count, try making useful posts instead of just copying and pasting like this and the others :)

If you want to increase your post count, try making useful posts instead of just copying and pasting like this and the others :)

i guess imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Anyway, to the O.P. oxsign, what happened? Does it work? I would take it off your hands! :)fing05.gif

I'm not 100% sure whats going on at this point. Fedex came by and picked it up, and shipped it back the the original owner (who I bought it from). They told him that they were going to do an investigation, and if everything goes well they will be cutting the check. So I guess it's just a waiting game from here. They sent him a form to fill out, and then we'll see where things go from there. :popcorn:

Or at least make it look like your own...or.....maybe something like....

Yahh what he said.

I'm not 100% sure whats going on at this point. Fedex came by and picked it up, and shipped it back the the original owner (who I bought it from). They told him that they were going to do an investigation, and if everything goes well they will be cutting the check. So I guess it's just a waiting game from here. They sent him a form to fill out, and then we'll see where things go from there. :popcorn:

i would have taken it off your hands! :)

i would have taken it off your hands! :)

I've already talked to him, and I plan on getting it back to do something with it later. fing05.gif

Its really a gamble with anything being shipped through any company. This problem isn't just FedEx. Its all shipping companies. There are so many ways that could have happened at a facility. Some of the chutes are a little steep and get alot of velocity going. You get one pissed off package handler and thats the end of your package. Good luck with the insurance. :popcorn: