meade916

Quad alts for my Tahoe! (almost 1300 amps)

got a little somethin in the mail today.......im missing my idler pullys but im sure they will come soon or i will scour sacramento tomorrow morning for them!!

these are 3 350+ amp alts and one 240........the 240 is to help my "at idle" while the others are for when im rollin :D

Powder Coated black with texture......machined off in certain spots.....

DSC00473.jpg

DSC00474.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00480.jpg

Bracket and belt.......

DSC00482.jpg

ill post more pics after i install.........hopfully i can find some idler pullys so i dont have to wait on them to be shipped!

oh did i mention that is almost 1300 amps worth of alt there :D stay tuned

Steve man hate to thread jack but are you still doing those Iraggi/meade hybrid alts with the big 3 already on them ?

Holy electrical output Batman! So the smaller alt is set up to make full power at a lower rpm?

couldn't have squeezed in a 5th? lol

OK after a long ass nite of hard ass work......and an install that was FAR from "plug and play"........i did it. Almost had it last nite but i gave up at 2am and crashed out. Woke up this morning with a headache and a mission and BAM..........i got it!! As you can see in this next set of pics i had to buy idler pullys which are larger then the ones i was SUPPOSED to get. The holes in the bearings were too big for my bolts so i had to make a sleeve for each of the four idlers. It is actually a metal spacer cut in half and another steel tube that fits inside of that one. Then the bolt fits inside perfect..........this was a MAKE It happen install. Part of my old bracket from the duals is actually being used to hold one of the idlers!!

anyway enough talk heres the pics......its official im runnin quads!!! :D:D :D :D

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

DSC00488.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

DSC00493.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

yes my engine has been ignored lately and got dirty.......i figured id clean it when im done.......which i did (see last pix)

DSC00506.jpg

DSC00507.jpg

DSC00508.jpg

DSC00509.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

all wires soldered and heat-shrunk.....

DSC00515.jpg

DSC00518.jpg

DSC00522.jpg

here is a piece from my old bracket. I decided to keep it on the team since it has been a loyal employee for 3 years :D

DSC00523.jpg

DSC00524.jpg

thanks man i cant tell you how stoked i am.......was a long ass nite bro.....(wipes brow) :D

dude im speechless

i would nopt mind getting electricuted by ur setup...lol

i bet u can play the music longer with out it really taxing on ur electrical

Awesome Meade! You never cease to amaze me.

Do you design your own mounting brackets?

Looks awesome.

amazing job, not only do you do more then most people dream of, but you make it look soooo damn clean!! my only question is where's the best place to be to hear this famous system?? i've seen the videos, but you ever make it to Florida and do shows down here??

With a setup like that you need some custom work done on the engine. ever thought of getting an electrical fan and maybe a PCM tune. Did it to my 4.8L Sierra, and I'm pulling about 310hp on that engine. A 5.3 will get you about 10-15 more hp than mine. For half of what you paid for the alt's, you can get another 20-30hp no joke. I'm not talking no hand held tuner crap, I'm talking 30hp at the wheels depending on how you want it tuned.

Anyway... Looks great!!!! 916 representing.....I live in 707 VACA. See you around.

With a setup like that you need some custom work done on the engine. ever thought of getting an electrical fan and maybe a PCM tune. Did it to my 4.8L Sierra, and I'm pulling about 310hp on that engine. A 5.3 will get you about 10-15 more hp than mine. For half of what you paid for the alt's, you can get another 20-30hp no joke. I'm not talking no hand held tuner crap, I'm talking 30hp at the wheels depending on how you want it tuned.

Anyway... Looks great!!!! 916 representing.....I live in 707 VACA. See you around.

im definitly interested in a few items to help horsepower......i mean it dont feel any different with 4 alts then it did with 2 but i could always use extra power. Electric fan is definitly in the question......watsup with this tune you speak of, i have the crap hypertech but i want the real deal. Can i use both? I AT LEAST need the hypertech to adjust the 26's to my speedo.....thats probably the best thing about it :D

im definitly interested in a few items to help horsepower......i mean it dont feel any different with 4 alts then it did with 2 but i could always use extra power. Electric fan is definitly in the question......watsup with this tune you speak of, i have the crap hypertech but i want the real deal. Can i use both? I AT LEAST need the hypertech to adjust the 26's to my speedo.....thats probably the best thing about it :D

Instead of a plug in tune like a hypertech which does minimal tunning, you get a modded PCM that replaces the factory PCM. You just tell the tuners what you are looking to get out of it and they can adjust pretty much anything.

some web sites;

Wheatley

Wait4me

Nelson Performance

Looks good, but my ? is why? Was the electrical before not cutting it?

ummmmm if you dont know why, then you dont know me or my system, so why ask why? :D Your question can easily be answered if you look a little deeper....lets just say no, dual 300 just wasnt cutting it.

what company did ya get that from??

i am in need of a dual set up ( or more ) for my astro van.. 1996..

nobody makes one !!

i know like 5 guys that will buy one NOW if we could find a set up...

what company did ya get that from??

i am in need of a dual set up ( or more ) for my astro van.. 1996..

nobody makes one !!

i know like 5 guys that will buy one NOW if we could find a set up...

he got them all from Iraggi