Sign in to follow this  
cblaze

do the new merlins have bass boost

No eq should be used for boost either, only cuts.

just depends on how high u turn it,just gotta use it wisely,its impossible to keep a class d from clippin completly

just depends on how high u turn it,just gotta use it wisely,its impossible to keep a class d from clippin completly

Not impossible at all. Either way boost is bad.

Care to explain?

Care to explain?

please do. i too am interested.

anyways YES it does have bass boost....but you shouldnt use it. just my suggestion

Care to explain?

anyways YES it does have bass boost....but you shouldnt use it. just my suggestion

a class d is gonna clip at any volume,u just cant clip it to bad cuz the risk of blowing it,or the subs one,thats my 2 sense,why do u thank they made class d amps for subs,DISTORTION,yeah most likey if u go around with the bass boost up to like 18db daily somethang is gona go wrong,im not that dumb tho

i'll agree on bass boost being bad but...i am going to completely disagree with the previous statement....it is not impossible...not at all

i have fed a sine wave through my HU and checked the output on my CLASS D subwoofer amplifier, so it doesn't clip! i have seen a perfect reproduction of a sine-wave from a class D amplifier...

and there are class D amplifiers amplifiers that run very low distortion also....digital circuitry isn't limited to just subwoofer amplifiers either...there are full range amplifiers that are fully digital and run very low distortion also.... I.E. eclipse makes a full range digital that runs less than .05% distortion at rated power

SHUT DOWN

if you have it set up right...you won't have to worry about clipping.

Edited by todd.brust

a class d is gonna clip at any volume,u just cant clip it to bad cuz the risk of blowing it,or the subs one,thats my 2 sense,why do u thank they made class d amps for subs,DISTORTION,yeah most likey if u go around with the bass boost up to like 18db daily somethang is gona go wrong,im not that dumb tho

Clip at any volume ??? Clip it too bad ??

Uhm

Please please please google Clipping an amplifier before posting anything else...

and there are class D amplifiers amplifiers that run very low distortion also....digital circuitry isn't limited to just subwoofer amplifiers either...there are full range amplifiers that are fully digital and run very low distortion also.... I.E. eclipse makes a full range digital that runs less than .05% distortion at rated power

Class D amps are still entirely analog :)

really?

i was under the impression that the increased efficiency was due to digital circuitry

but i was completely wrong...i was just under the impression that class D stood for digital...but had never read up on the circuitry...

i just did a quick bit of reading and learned they are more efficient because of Delta-Sigma Modulation and can be fed a digital or anolog signal...makes sense now

thanks for correcting me so i don't sound like an idiot next time :)

yeah i looked it up on wikipedia for a quick explaination

about the same as the link above but a little more brief

Care to explain?

class D was designed for more efficiency not necessarily because of distortion. class D were designed more for sub because subs generally demand more power, in this case cheap power, especially people who listen to nothing but rap bass lines :P its probably the filthiest choice of class for power though IMO....overgeneralizing i know.

its probably the filthiest choice of class for power though IMO....overgeneralizing i know.

Class C is a lot worse.

its probably the filthiest choice of class for power though IMO....overgeneralizing i know.

Class C is a lot worse.

I havent heard a Class C, so i neglected to mention that :). I did hear a Class T amp, it was by avionixx, it wasnt bad either.