deni91

2 20" subs. Need a box size ideas.

I just got 2 20" subs of ebay for real cheap. The subs are a brand called reempower. i can't really find any info on them. I was wondering if anyone could help me with a box size for these subs. I am going to have them ported at 30hz and was wondering what an appropriate enclosure size should be.

i dont wanna be a prick, but the money you will spend on a tuned box is like 400 times the value of the subs, and i dont think your going to be happy with the sound... i dont wanna be that guy. im just talkin out loud here

i dont wanna be a prick, but the money you will spend on a tuned box is like 400 times the value of the subs, and i dont think your going to be happy with the sound... i dont wanna be that guy. im just talkin out loud here

I already have all the mdf and everything i need to build it. I've built a few boxes before. I just can't find enough info on these subs to determine the box size i need. So i was just wondering if anyone could help me out. Thanks for the reply though.

The subs are 300w rms each btw.

i tyed to search aswell... i cant find chit, there are alot of good guys on here im sure ones of them know plenty!

i can't find them on ebay either.....

:bs:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i can't find them on ebay either.....

:bs:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

you can't find them on ebay because i bought them a few days ago. lol

look like pa speakers to me....

and you paid $60 for them? without any info??

hope you have a cargo van or a suburban

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

The link isn't working, but you are going to need two things. First a method of measuring their t/s parameters so you can choose a box size (the partsexpress woofer tester for $99 will work) and secondly you are going to need one hell of a box if indeed they are at all like PA speakers. They probably need 10cuft each+

If you're putting these in the house, maybe try and free air them in the ceiling.

good luck on your project, seems pretty cool even though it's going to be hard!

if you wanna see the listing you can type in the name of the item then click completed items... and then serch again it will show you the sold items.... its there...

I can't imagine they are for the house if you are tuning to 30hz, if so try something like 12hz instead.

anyone seen The Italian Job? I wonder if these will blow the clothes off a woman.

I wonder how many owners these have had that have bought them, then decided they were too impractical and said screw it and threw them back on ebay. I like the return policy

I can't imagine they are for the house if you are tuning to 30hz, if so try something like 12hz instead.

Im planning on putting these in my car and seeing how they sound so i just need about an estimate on the box size and tuning.

...car?

I hope you've got something bigger than a car for these :)

...car?

I hope you've got something bigger than a car for these :)

haha first thing that came to mind after reading this was a short bus. lol

i vote you sell them to jim...he has the proper vehicle for the subs....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

lol the box requirements for these subs are probably bigger than pretty much most vehicles...maybe a full size van for a school bus.

In an average size car or suv these will probably sound like complete crap