muddybass

Window Flex

well it depends, are you worried about it breaking or are you worried about it decreasing SPL?

breaking - wait til it cracks then get plexiglass, contact HO-alt for this.

in the meantime, contact your dealer or manufacturer and see if there is any extra adhesive you can put around your glass to support it more.

SPL - plexiglass, the thicker the better. One thing i recently did to my windows, don't know if it helped but you better find a damn good installer to install this-

Security film, almost completely bulletproof, resists bombs and hard impacts from bats, crow bars, nail punchers, etc...

IT is a very thick, flexible film applied to glass which when cured, prevents glass from shattering and prevents resonation from occurring if banging on the window.

Film typically makes the glass stronger than your windshield, imagine that! Be careful though, some security film out there is cheap stuff.

Be ready to spend approx $8-10 per sq ft.

In a F-250? They are just in there with the rubber gasket right? Is so you might get a glass place to shoot urethane into it. that might help.Trucks like to shake the entire rear panel though.

yea the window slides into a gasket not to worried about it breaking but just the noise it creates, there also vents behind back seat which i could seal off, i plan to dynamat the rear where the enclosure is as for the rattling it comes from my passenger side door where some tabs are broken that hold the door in place, the roof, and the vents all which could be fixed with time and money

i used Great Stuff to fill EVERY hollow space in my F-150 x-cab,

then did the Peal&Seal thing till the only think shaking was the Glass and you cant stop that... unless you wanna Peal&Seal that too :)

if u are ever interested in Security Film for your vehicle, go here-

www.aceorangecounty.com

They are the official installers in California who install security film on vehicles. They use Ace Security Laminate Film just like you may have seen on Armorcoat's website.

I did not see any specs on Armorcoat's site.... kinda shady, but Ace's film is VERY strong.

They have been on Fox, Discovery Channel, etc...

They have a grade of film that they say is almost too hard to install on a vehicle, wanna give it a try?

I have their 300 series on mine. It's so strong that the car alarm's impact sensor does not detect against window vibrations when hitting the window. I need to take it back to the dealer and have them increase the sensitivity on it, i just had the film installed a week ago.

300 series is what you need on a vehicle, 400 series is so thick, you might break your window trying to apply it. Why? Because so much pressure needs to be applied to get all the moisture out from behind the film.

Contact this company if interested, they will ship you the material to you. It comes in 5ft rolls for $8\ft for the 300 series. Shipping ~$30-40 for the average vehicle.

If trying to apply security film on curved glass, plan on spending approx 5-9 hrs properly installing the film. It is best to have someone who has installed security film before to do it for you.

Allow 2 weeks to cure before tinting vehicle. If tint already exist, tint MUST be stripped before applying security film. Why? Security film bonds to the glass and becomes one with it. It's integrity will decrease if the film is not physically holding the glass together.

Allow 60 days before security film is fully cure and you feel safe.

Allow 2 weeks before rolling down your window as well if not tinting, if tinting over, after waiting 2 weeks, wait 2-5 days before rolling down windows depending on temperature outside. The colder, the longer you wait.

Ace Security film spec-

300 series - rated for 350lb\sq in!

400 series - rated for 450lb\sq in!

interesting...

I tried to install tint once or twice and well yea, didn't work, lol

might look into this in the future though

lol, that vid is a classic lol

motlov cocktail, lol