shizzzon

Impossible for a 10 to hit the lows

You said 1cuft NET though which doesn't rule out 12hz tuning...

ok now come on...

Yes, i gave the guy 1cuft NET to go off of because i already knew that the port displacement per sub would be .2 - .35 cuft at 32-33hz

If you go tuning at 12hz in 1 cuft.... i don't even feel like seein how long the vent would need to be and be able to fit that in the car.

It look like a snake wrapped around the car.

Ha, you should see my little .4cuft net boxed that is tuned to 29hz...it is over 3.5cubes gross. I don't see your .2-.35cuft for the port...

and yes it is an 8 that plays the lows, in .4 net!

well, i'm tryin to run a box with 3 subs in 2.7-3.2 net with .91 port displacement. I just divided it by 3 and gave the number to ya.

haha any sub can get "low" it just depends on the box. i'd bet money that a "good" 6.5 woofer in a tline or tpered horn designed specificly to get low would hold it owns. like i allways say 20% equipment, 80% install.

You're being too generous with equipment :)

90%+ install...5% equipment, 5% beer, to quote Ramos :D

I always had a problem with Ramos's quote, just not enough beer for my tastes. 1% equipment, 9% beer, ...

I always had a problem with Ramos's quote, just not enough beer for my tastes. 1% equipment, 9% beer, ...

So mine would be 9% equipment and 1% beer. Since I only drink maybe 1 beer at even giving time.

to be honest, the way this guys voice is when i asked him all this, i wouldnt be surprised if his is 90% beer, 1% equipment, 1% install, 8% liquor...

IB a 10"woofer with a very low FS and go back to that shop. Tell him that you can hit 10Hz without a box :P - or an infinite box depending on the point of view.

and yes it is an 8 that plays the lows, in .4 net!

not just an 8, but an rl-i!

that could work. we need to get ramos to sign off on that, formally change the "quote"

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

his is 90% beer, 1% equipment, 1% install, 8% liquor...

lol

lol i hear re 8s get low all the time

Now that you mention it, so do I.

I had two in a dual chamber sealed box (1 cube each) and they dug deep.

What Ramos does not tell you is it truly is 85% install (skills, knowledge, experience), 12% 'shine, 3% equipment.

Continuous topics such as this about shops pushing an over priced product with lies and delusions of grandeur, makes it only more difficult for the little companies, such as SSA/Sundown/SI/Mach5 etc. to ever make a name or actually break into the big market. When some schmuck wants to tell me his JL W3's / RF P2's / AudioBahn Chrome sounds better and/or gets way louder then an Icon ever could, it takes a good amount of self control not to grab his throat and push his head into the trunk of the car and force him to see the blatent BS of his flagrantly ignorant statement. But I have to continue to just say what ever and let this stupidity spread.

well, I assume that companies like what you mentioned and others who are internet based should remain internet based only. Meaning no store fronts and no companies selling their products.

That way, the only way you would find such a company would be through research because you are looking for something different. And when you want information about someone's product from a company like that, you will not be told information that can only lead to a sale from what inventory they stock as compared to information period.

I see DD now has dealers, don't know if it's really helpin or not but i think companies like this should remain the way they are.

How would Fi do custom options if they were pre-built and shipped?

The companies who have their own forum section on this site are lucky!

Why?

Because while researching a companies product, you come across this forum which you can then learn about their products and others and things that may have nothing to do with that company but knowledge that would help you out anyways.

You can't do that with a lot of popular names, not a forum specifically dedicated to their product alone.

10'' as stated many times in the topic can go low, but im not sure if its been asked before, why would u want your sub playing 20 Hz? my subsonic is set higher then that..

well, I assume that companies like what you mentioned and others who are internet based should remain internet based only. Meaning no store fronts and no companies selling their products.

That way, the only way you would find such a company would be through research because you are looking for something different. And when you want information about someone's product from a company like that, you will not be told information that can only lead to a sale from what inventory they stock as compared to information period.

I see DD now has dealers, don't know if it's really helpin or not but i think companies like this should remain the way they are.

How would Fi do custom options if they were pre-built and shipped?

The companies who have their own forum section on this site are lucky!

Why?

Because while researching a companies product, you come across this forum which you can then learn about their products and others and things that may have nothing to do with that company but knowledge that would help you out anyways.

You can't do that with a lot of popular names, not a forum specifically dedicated to their product alone.

not sure if dealers has helped dd much but i work for a dd dealer and its helped us quite a bit

why would u want your sub playing 20 Hz?

Because there's music out there that has content down there...

I used to work for a shop as desk help, I guess you could call it, lol! This was way back in the day, but really they just didn't get into the whole internet thing. So that is why a lot of people don't know about internet based companies and what not. I mean it is more common than when I worked as people sit on the netz all day long, but still a lot of people don't seem to know about the little guys trying to make a living as well. Orrrrr, could be they know and don't want to have anything to do with us being it will take money away from them. So they talk crap about it just to try and sway you the customer to buy their products. Anyway, I don't shop at the best buys and the likes nor the Audio shops due to their crazy ass prices compared to the net. I mean when you can save money, then I am gonna save. I thank people like Fi and the likes and/or people in the classifieds. No need to spend crazy amounts of money to sound good. Eventually I feel the audio stores will fade out, which they seem to be around my area anyway.

Also, lmaowhiledrinkingginandjuice about a 10 that can't get low. Got to love the help at audio shops. Least I knew a little. ;)

plus its so fun

lol, this is funny topic. I bought an (psw410) alphasonic 400w 10 one day for <20 lightly used. I had a new 1cf ported qlogic box that was about what they recommend and I toss it in there inverted to help it out....even stuff the box a little. I think it is ported at 25hz I forget its around 11+ by 3". Anyway, all I do with it is bench test amps on music and test tones so it is perfect for that. It is a audiobahn clone as I recall and has pretty good xmax (9mm), it will make the 3" port huff at 10-20hz so sometimes I plug it. But it gets down quite well for a 10, I mean cone area helps more IMO but this thing is a pump considering what it is. I'm really thinking of using it for HT at some point, I don't think I would hear the port noise with it hidden and playing mostly non-musical things and doubt I would push enough power to hurt it. Or I could mod it to a larger port. That box is plenty big enough for in the house. It gets much lower than a P5 sony 12 in a 1+cf recommended sealed or a cheap 10 BP also used for testing.

This 10 often does sound better on a larger amp, like a 1Kw (@ reasonable levels). But when you lay the power on it does not get much louder....it is just fun to watch (or restricted port since it blows dust off the ceiling). I can hear a much flatter response than the sealed 12, but it would need a subsonic in a car to take abuse.

I used to run a lot of 10s IB in cars, I had no problem hitting 30Hz, they would drop off some below that but still could feel it. Better to run 4 IB, they hit the lows well. Ran two 10s in large (2cf ea) ported and they had about the same response as the 4 10s IB, very nice for music IMO. That was mostly old school stuff, usually 150-300w amps and efficient subs. I bet some newer 10s would do better, I know my current IB 12s do and they are just infinitys.

Getting 30Hz is about my minimum for subs in a car, it does not sound right if they don't and is why I like IB setups. But I have yet to put 500w on subs in one of my cars, I just listen to music and 400wrms I have blows out my high side right now until I fix it.

true, but it's a hell of a stress on the subs, so to speak..and i dont think im missing much without it

plus its so fun

i'll grant you that :neil:

Edited by mile098