Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

Mag proto is on its way to Chad Hicks

Yep yep, I just sent it out a few hours ago. Chad should have it by Wednesday and then he and JimJ are going to try to meet this weekend to do some sealed testing. :)

I was sad to see it go...and it also reminded me of how critical a sub is to a sound system. Damned Audax 5.25's!! ;)

Eh, I've got our current Mag that we've retired for our library but I really don't want to lug that thing around in my hatch. For sealed use the new Mag kicks the current Mag's butt in LFE too...so I got kinda spoiled. I'd rather go without for a few days and work on installing the amplifiers...or at least working on organizing them to see where they'll end up. :)

:'( Darn, I wanted it next ;)

:'( Darn, I wanted it next ;)

heh me too, but its cheap enough, I may just buy one when Nick makes them production.

Who is this chad hicks fella, ill kill him

seriously tho I hope i can steal a box small enough to work with this thing. although if i had to build one it wouldnt take much lol

For sealed use the new Mag kicks the current Mag's butt in LFE too...so I got kinda spoiled.

Can you define kicks butt. :D

Chad should have it by Wednesday and then he and JimJ are going to try to meet this weekend to do some sealed testing.

This weekend my ass is in the my woodshop down here finishing my BIB's, hopefully Hicks can hang onto it until next weekend when I'm back in VA :)

Chad should have it by Wednesday and then he and JimJ are going to try to meet this weekend to do some sealed testing.

This weekend my ass is in the my woodshop down here finishing my BIB's, hopefully Hicks can hang onto it until next weekend when I'm back in VA :)

AH! Jim...Jim Jim Jim. You disappoint me. ;) (kidding)

Chad can hold onto it for that long if he wants. I was hoping to get it back sooner though. :(

AH! Jim...Jim Jim Jim. You disappoint me. ;) (kidding)

Chad can hold onto it for that long if he wants. I was hoping to get it back sooner though. :(

I am with Nick on this one... No kidding though

Edited by 1sashenka

Have no fear, I will be testing the driver in the coming week pretty throughly. It is spring break week woot

It will first go in a 1.2 cube ported box tuned to 32 hz off a sax100.2, next it will go in HT duty in probably a 2 cube ported box, then I hopefully will have secured a 1 cube sealed box to do more in car testing.

should have an array of different boxes to play with it in, and luckily for nick the most power i have is ~400 watts :)

I may be a spl nerd at heart but I know how something should sound :)

Have no fear, I will be testing the driver in the coming week pretty throughly. It is spring break week woot

It will first go in a 1.2 cube ported box tuned to 32 hz off a sax100.2, next it will go in HT duty in probably a 2 cube ported box, then I hopefully will have secured a 1 cube sealed box to do more in car testing.

should have an array of different boxes to play with it in, and luckily for nick the most power i have is ~400 watts :)

I may be a spl nerd at heart but I know how something should sound :)

The suspense is killing me. I have a pair of the old BM's in 4 cubes ported at 34hz currently. My friend who swears by JL, and probably spent over 6k on his system is in awe of how good those BM's sound. They're running off a JL 1000/1 and he is amazed at the SQ. My only wish would be slightly higher output, as the SQ is perfect for me. These new mags I think would be perfect, and I can't wait to show them off. He's already upset he spent so much after hearing those BM's lol.

I sent Nick a PM, when he gets back to me I'll post my thoughts :)

Got to listen to it a bit today, thing sounded amazing sealed and like nick said blended amazingly well, after i talk to nick ill post my thoughts too, no use in telling you guys everything before the boss man gets to hear it :P