The interpretation is subjective, not the definition. SQ is accurately reproducing a recording.

The interpretation is subjective, not the definition. SQ is accurately reproducing a recording.

I was close.

Close enough for government work...

What does this have to do with Fi products?

SQ...when I can listen to anything at a good volume and every single note is smooth and blissful. Nothing stands out yet everything blends.

Also if I can listen to it for hours on end without fatigue than it is SQ.

A type of competition.

exactly :) Only I will add, an anal retentive competition that drives people to do some of the wierdest crap to a car. :)

I am one that feels it is silly to have appearance as part of scoring for SQ competitions.

I am one that feels it is extremely stupid to have appearance as part of scoring for SQ competitions.

I fixed it ;)

I am one that feels it is extremely stupid to have appearance as part of scoring for SQ competitions.

I fixed it ;)

:drink40:

SQ = :)

SQ competition = :(

IMHO.

i disagree about the :( sq comps are fun. it's a great hobby and you will learn a lot of things to push your system to the next level. of course taking anything but 1st place sucks, but you can't win everytime :) hell, matt roberts,(meca and iasca world champ) just promised me today that he was going to kick my ass in modex + lol it's all about having fun and rockin out with other music lovers.

But take what happened to Dave last weekend. Staging cues are relatively absolute, but so much is decided by timbre, tonality, ambience...things that are starting to get into the murky realm of the subjective. One person might like more of a midrange presence than someone else...or in Dave's case, subbass.

I guess that's where having multiple shows and multiple judges comes in, so in theory all their differing viewpoints get averaged at the end of the season.

I HAVE NO CLUE...

but im trying to clean up my front stage where it pretends to be SQ during the week...

im an SPL nut job thank you :slayer:

But take what happened to Dave last weekend. Staging cues are relatively absolute, but so much is decided by timbre, tonality, ambience...things that are starting to get into the murky realm of the subjective. One person might like more of a midrange presence than someone else...or in Dave's case, subbass.

I guess that's where having multiple shows and multiple judges comes in, so in theory all their differing viewpoints get averaged at the end of the season.

exactly. i have a feeling that a lot of people are not worried about dave right now, but in all honesty, i would not be suprised if he does not win the title this year. he has a couple of mid issues, but other than that, his system is on point. 82 with an "untuned" car is going to be hard to beat lol i'm still not afraid of you edwards :)

I HAVE NO CLUE...

but im trying to clean up my front stage where it pretends to be SQ during the week...

im an SPL nut job thank you :slayer:

if spl is what you like, so be it. i can't do it myself. i was dumb enough to ask nick to let me sit in his truck and blast it at the show on saturday, and i will never do that again lol my ears are still hurting. by the way, if you read this nick, i will bring my meter to dave's house in 2 weeks and we will see how quiet your truck is :)

SQ to me is being able to enjoy the recording they way the artist wanted me to....be it soft and detailed or bass heavy hip hop.....don't get me wrong but I understand there is a lot of work on either a SQ car or a SPL car....but a lot of hardcore SPL guys even like a detailed and true car stereo sometimes....

PS...Webster, you BETTER be glad they moved you up in class!!!

If Dave and Webster lay it down in the finals, that will be insane. Yay for the little sub that could, err I mean sounds good. :)

SQ to me is being able to enjoy the recording they way the artist wanted me to....be it soft and detailed or bass heavy hip hop.....don't get me wrong but I understand there is a lot of work on either a SQ car or a SPL car....but a lot of hardcore SPL guys even like a detailed and true car stereo sometimes....

PS...Webster, you BETTER be glad they moved you up in class!!!

exactly!!!!! in my truck im doing strictly sq, the 1000.4 from webster with my kicker ss series componets and mid bass with the zapco 10s webster had lol.

and in the other ride i have 5 15s and 11,200watts of power ;)

ps.... i installed alot of stuff in websters car so i know sooner or later something is gonna go wrong :bull:

hahaha

iv come to the conclusion that SQ is the attempt to recreate what was done in the recording studio...

the problem is i have never been in a recording studio !

point:

the common person has only been to a concert, i.e. ( SLAYER )

so as expected i want it to sound the way i remember it when SLAYER is on stage and everyone is slamming in the pit. ( mosshing )

case:

i say go for what ya know

to Hell with the refined SQ

i want it RAW & LOUD enough to dround out the thoughts of the jerk in the car next to me trying to text on their cell phone

i waht to let them know there Factory sound systems SUCK-EGGS

after sitting in front of a computer fo 13hrs a day i want a freeking body massage

LB again you miss the mark.

A SQ can easily give you a body massage, make the factory system sound like it sucks-eggs, and be loud. Perhaps not raw, but I am not sure why you want raw.

As for the concert reproduction if the sound guy sucks why would you copy him? Do realize that live pretty much 100% of musicians are "trying" to make it sound like a recording (in musical balance). Hell even the god damn Grateful Dead had one hell of an audio measuring setup. They carried more in money in acoustic measuring gear than a lot of bands carry in equipment. Their "wall of sound" utilized nearly $200k worth of acoustic measuring gear and this was nearly 30 years ago...