kbkid

2002 Ford Explorer

Triple alts? That wasn't quite figured into my budget...

I might have an update or two later this week on these. I'm gonna check Autozone and double check the prices for the Optimas.

I didn't mean for you, I meant you can fit em if you want. Theres enough room in the right places.

i wish i had the know-how :( i need a bracket for a second alt in my sport lol

very nice build. i love the amp rack and the clean looks of the wiring. very very nice

This weekend I had a few hours so I began to build the enclosure for the woofers. I failed to remember to take pictures of the entire build, but I took a few. I haven't had time to carpet it yet, but before I do, I'll snap some pictures of everything else.

Here were the plans for the box:

Corner-1.png

I'd like to thank IonLSQ and JBLCAMARY for the drawings and plans.

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00161.jpg

I know, this was a poor excuse for an update, but its progress.

Also, word of advice, buy a Jasper Jig. They are quite amazing.

Edited by kbkid

Once again I forgot to update this thread. In the past month I

Next are a few pictures of the mids mounted in the doors. I need to finish deadening the doors completely, but I was in a hurry to get these in. I

The a pillars still need quite a bit of filling and sanding, but its coming along.

I finally got around to getting the a-pillars finished up the week before classes begin:

DSC00193-1.jpg

DSC00198-1.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

I also picked up a new battery for up front. The plan is to run dual batteries in the battery box in the engine compartment, but I

man, im soo stealin some of these ideas, lol

got a navigator im bout to do the same thing too...

how do u get the stock sub out though?, i took off the gasket on the front but it just turns and doesn't want to come off..

and about how much mat did u use?

My stock sub woofer was held in by two bolts. Once you get the panel off, you can easily access the them to take them out.

Overall I've used a little over 150 sq. ft. of RAAMmat and Second Skin. I still have a little left over of the Second Skin that I'm probably going to add to the doors once I get some time.

I really like the 800PRS. I feel it is easy to navigate the menus and allows for quite a few adjustments

The sound is much better than the stock speakers.

I think I need to hear someone's system that really sounds good to give a better comparison.