Big E

How do you discard of old subwoofer boxes?

I personally choose the lighter fluid/gasoline way :neil: It burned steady for about 10 minutes at this height before shrinking down a bit. (It was filled with some kindling and logs)

0418082111ae8.jpg

(The guy next to it is about 6 ft tall)

How about the rest of you?

Edited by Big E

I personally choose the lighter fluid/gasoline way :neil: It burned steady for about 10 minutes at this height before shrinking down a bit. (It was filled with some kindling and logs)

0418082111ae8.jpg

(The guy next to it is about 6 ft tall)

How about the rest of you?

That is pretty awesome.

Typically I just dismantle them and use the "good" pieces for other crap around the house.

After removing all non-wood braces and screws from the box, i use a sledge hammer to break it down.

You know mdf fumes causes cancer right?

honestly what doesnt cause cancer anymore? smallest stuff will get u it now.

unless its a custom glass box that i will never use again.... generally i do not throw them away.... i have 4 boxes kicking around that i can use any time-- you never know when a friend could use it. if i have to throw it away i just cut them up into many small pieces. of course explosives would be much more fun, but my uppity neighbors would get an attitude about it and call the police.

Edited by rugdnit

Sell them, let friends have them/give them away, and I've dumped one that was just too crappy to force on someone else.

Use for a bed stand, got 3 of them holding up my bed.

haha funny you made this thread atthe time you did cause i just burned my old box last night. it was junk though got wet on the bottom and the mdf bloated and it leaked like a mofo so pretty much useless it did however make a good fire for about 20mins.

yea just get out the hammer, i actually try to save some of the good pieces that dont break and end up sanding off the extra glue and what not..

You know mdf fumes causes cancer right?

Everything causes cancer in california so whats it matter

old scrap boxes I shoot then burn em Ive got a couple that I need to burn when it dries up again

i leave it on the side of the road. to my surprise people actualy take them.

lol i had a pre-fab for 2 12s that got damaged with flooding. i had it sitting out on my porch for months and well that box ended up molding ALL over the inside of the box. i mean it was back of the neck hair raising nasty HUGE amounts of mold. all colors, green, white, black, all fuzzy and chit. bleh. i left it out infront of my house for trash pick up and someone took it. LOL, i wonder if they used it.

Everything causes cancer in california so whats it matter

I don't live in California, therefor it doesn't effect me... *cough* *hack*... yep doesn't effect me!

:P