P1010626.jpg

the device, till i permenantly mount it on the wall

P1010627.jpg

the collector battery :slayer:

P1010628.jpg

battery @ rest after driving to work and back home :domoslay:

P1010629.jpg

Edited by Lord Baccus

Your whole electrical system runs at over 14.5V now ?

Your whole electrical system runs at over 14.5V now ?

Yepp that is correct.... i notice after the Alt harm's up it levels off around 14.89v wile driving !

but hard too get a pic of that driving in traffic :)

Edited by Lord Baccus

Any measurable difference on the meter, or difference in voltage drops with heavy bass?

have not even turned the system on yet :(

i have to go into the 9887 and reset all of my crossover points !

dont wanna blow my mids & Tweeters...

i had to disconnect the negative terminal to install it and wipped the memory on the Alpine...

any drawbacks or long term effects? id imagine this is really only needed if you compete and need to get every bit of juice out of your electrical system?

12V battery? Overcharging can cause some problems.

Oh, c'mon, being around a battery in thermal runaway is fun :D:P

Oh, c'mon, being around a battery in thermal runaway is fun :D:P

allways count on you for a positive out look :slayer:

why all the "Spector of DooM" stuff guys ? Chris said they have tested this device on a 97' F-150 with a stock alt & Battery for 3yrs without a problem !!!

I wouldn't run it that way daily.

You've obviously never seen the outcome of overcharging a battery before... at best case, capacity is lessened, at worst case the battery blows up. I've seen the worst case, so under no condition would I ever condone overcharging a battery.

Where did you get this information? If your battery never gets fully charged it wont last as long you think the battery companies don't know this. Any battery like optima , kinetic , ect... needs around 2.8 volts per cell to achieve a full charge. Kinetic likes their batteries to rest 13.5 or more. If your factory set up charges @ 13.8 you have to deduct 1 to 1.5 volt loss with your car off. In this case your battery will never see full charge. This is not just for competitors we have off road guy's that run lights, wenches, and helps out on airbag compressors. GM states anything between 11 & 18 volts is safe for your charging system. I agree this does benefit the audio guy's more but why does a battery go dead? (Low charging) Why do people buy bigger alternators? (more charge) Why have they made external adjustable regulators adjustable to over 16v. We are about safety, when his alts get hot or his batteries are full his system will still back off (charge) when needed. Steve Meade has one on his 4 alt set up for a couple of months now no problems. He even BOUGHT one for the hooptie after seeing the effects he got.

Where do I get this information?

I work on 150kW-300kW power systems all the time, we monitor battery charging voltages & resting voltage to ensure we DO NOT OVERCHARGE. Overcharging can cause catastrophic battery failures, as well as weak cells causing multiple battery failures. When this happens, and we get power bumps, we LOSE AIR TRAFFIC SYSTEMS. That means we will get planes FLYING BLIND & DUMB. No radar, no communications, nothing.

I'm sorry, but just because some people charge their 12V battery systems at 16V doesn't make it correct. Hell, look at Optima's site, they list that their batteries shall not be charged at a voltage higher than 15V. The goal here should be to get a constant 14.4-14.8V of charging voltage... not to ramp up the charging voltage beyond what a battery can handle.

Where do I get this information?

I work on 150kW-300kW power systems all the time, we monitor battery charging voltages & resting voltage to ensure we DO NOT OVERCHARGE. Overcharging can cause catastrophic battery failures, as well as weak cells causing multiple battery failures. When this happens, and we get power bumps, we LOSE AIR TRAFFIC SYSTEMS. That means we will get planes FLYING BLIND & DUMB. No radar, no communications, nothing.

I'm sorry, but just because some people charge their 12V battery systems at 16V doesn't make it correct. Hell, look at Optima's site, they list that their batteries shall not be charged at a voltage higher than 15V. The goal here should be to get a constant 14.4-14.8V of charging voltage... not to ramp up the charging voltage beyond what a battery can handle.

Well his battery will only see 15.3 to 15.5 COLD when his system heats up it will stablelize @ 14.7 so I guess like you said perfect for optima. It does not lock at 15.5 only when cold. Our designer worked for the airforce , and navy as well. We'll we dont make units for airplanes though so not sure on that one! thanks for the info.

Well, in that case, sounds good to me. If I had known that earlier, I wouldn't have said anything.

So the module will do an absorption charge @ 15.5V, and trickle charge @ 14.7.

Makes more sense now. I was under the impression it was absorption charging all the time.

All the newer cars are charging at less than 14volts. So proving that you can never fully charge an after market battery like optima , kinetic ,ect... on a factory chargeing system. EDIT ) Sorry our designer has a 93 ford f-150 with a 98 battery and has been running it @ 15+ volts for the last 4 yrs and has never seen over charging problems.

MLA

Well, in that case, sounds good to me. If I had known that earlier, I wouldn't have said anything.

So the module will do an absorption charge @ 15.5V, and trickle charge @ 14.7.

Makes more sense now. I was under the impression it was absorption charging all the time.

Its cool bro, I no people don't have all the info on us but ask Questions. Np

Thank you ,MLA

Edited by missinglinkaudio

how much are they?? where do i get one?? and since my car is computer controlled to charge at 13.8 at all times will this still work?? it a 2004 stratus 4 door.

i know the bass feels stronger !!! but all i know is last night i was watching the voltage on my DMM wile pounding and it never dropped below 13.8v :domoslay:

and if the Optima becomes a problem it will go !!!

my Sponsor can get any battery i want for me @ cost :)

i have 2x NSB under the amp rack that were not pictured...

1x 125ah

1x 90ah

how much are they?? where do i get one?? and since my car is computer controlled to charge at 13.8 at all times will this still work?? it a 2004 stratus 4 door.

The module is designed to take back control of your alt from your computer. It was made for the newer cars for your exact reason. Works on stock or high out put alts. missinglinkaudio.com our # is @ the bottom of the page call if you have any questions or email any pics and or questions you may have. Thanks, MLA

(Still working on the MLA section sorry its taking so long.)

heres a bad pic of the batterys onder the amp rack !!!

Yess iv cleaned it up a great deal sense this pic was taken...

P1010431-1.jpg

only can see 1 battery here but there is another on the other side of the 1 seen :slayer:

Edited by Lord Baccus