Biowaste

Most impressed you've ever been with a stereo?

The second setup I heard.

2 15" Crossfire BMF(The old ones)

2 BMF1000ds.

Ported box in a 97 Explorer.

It took my breath away.

I've only heard 1 thing louder so far.

SQ wise, I haven't heard anything worthwhile, which I haven't heard much.

I really want to hear some true SQ tho.

Port? What port? :D :D :D :D :lol:

Tom Shaw's Acura......Will Reinholtz's VW........Webster's Kia 9,754 installs ago when we first met.

lol whatever fool

Krazy Walt's Doom Audio van

Joe Black's lumina

Dave Edwards magnum...imagine if you would have put kick pods in that car fool :)

Matt Roberts truck...if anyone has never had the chance to hear this truck, this is a must see and hear

Kirk Proffitt's acura...stock location speakers, but very dynamic

Tom Shaw's acura....another must hear

the "port" is the mouth of the manifold on the rear deck.

I was being sarcastic :drink40:

The second setup I heard.

2 15" Crossfire BMF(The old ones)

2 BMF1000ds.

Ported box in a 97 Explorer.

It took my breath away.

I've only heard 1 thing louder so far.

Hmm......I have two of those Crossfire BMF 12's (currently in my home theater), a crossfire BMF 1000D, and a 98 explorer. That's almost close. Wonder if that combo is the magic ticket? maybe I should try.

Last summer, I stopped by a local high-end home-audio shop here, and they had these speakers set up. I don't know what they were but it was a 5" or 6" mid firing upwards into a metal sphere with a ~1" tweeter next to it in the same kind of set up. They were unbelievable transparent. It sounded like the sound was coming from the entire breadth of the wall behind them.

Looks like that?

http://store.urbanfidelity.com/v/vspfiles/.../planets-2T.jpg

i'm biased but my system is truely impressive. 3-8" subs 1500w hitting 144.1db and extremmmly musical. but recently a buddy of mine hit 141db with 2 12" type r's running 1000w in prefabbed boxse.

i think the most impressive was the sunshine audio demo van i sat in about 20 years ago. it was a caravan with eight kicker 15s, ten yamaha amps and a blauphunk (sp?) headunit. moved the hair on my legs sitting in that thing, lol. i was stoked, and had mommy buy me the exact same equipment, albeit on a much smaller scale, to go in my truck.

i've helped build a few, but i think that van sticks out the most as i think it's what got me hooked.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

The Orion Van with 20 Iso Baric 12's in 1986 and The Terminator Hearse in 1987. A few of us built a modern 20 W3 12's Iso Baric in a Dodge Durango Powered by (subs Only) 10 PG Titanium 1200.1's It was impressive and since we stoled the design ideas from Orions mid 80's Ideas it had a cool old school twist and it was fairly loud as hell until I crashed it into a bus.

i'm sure the stereo was louder than the crash though, hehe

Durango1copy.jpg

i'm sure the stereo was louder than the crash though, hehe

I'm not sure which was loudest but the crash hurt more then the stereo ever did. I didn't have a seperate policy for stereo insurance and allmost had do postal type things before they even let me pull out the surviving peices of stereo.

Man! that must have hurt, Thankfully you kept your life

Not to get off topic to far but my passenger was 1.5 years getting back to normal if The sound system was not properly anchored and well done so it stayed in place as well as it did my and my Passenger would have got hit from behind by 600 or so pounds going 70 MPH I doubt if that would have hurt for long. I think if the W6's had been available when we built the system (there was a year or so when the W6 was redesigning) or something that handled the power a little better than the W3 the system might have outperformed the Orion Van which I think did around 168db's which in the 80's was world record area. I think the Durango was capable of near 170 but not with the subs or the setup we were using We never metered it. I'm not an SPL guy. It is cool but I'm to old to desire relearning the finer points for a hobby but I seem to guess accurately and I doubt that the Durango never seen above 158 db's. I am not sure of the exact Orion numbers but we copied their design (I was kid working on with them, or more accurately go get soda's bitch boy) but I picked up a few things from being around. I had more advanced technology to work with and I'm guessing the pro build and design was 10 Db's louder and I think it takes less to get from 0 Db's to 158 Db's than it does to get from 158 to 168 and that is why it is on my list it was built at a time when more subs ruled so airspace requirements were issues people tried Iso Baric with moderate success if you had unlimited money, However during that time the Kicker Solo Baric was unveiled and was a damn good speaker in its day, IF it was in a small sealed enclosure and walla a speaker is named it was successful that Kickers Flagship sub still carries the name and it is a much different design. Or at least that's my theory the 80's and early 90's seen a lot of innovations.