Sign in to follow this  
Foxmoto

New System.

Hey guys, I just finished putting my new system into my 94' Eagle Talon and noticed that I can here alot of highway noise which of course interferes with the music. I was wondering which areas of the car I should dampen to see the biggest difference and how much to use.

Just the Damplifier mats? ive seen people talking about using the sludge and overkill but in my opinion that is exactly it, overkill. Unless it improves over using just Damplifier by quite a bit. Also how much of the Damplifier (pro) to do the entire car?

A good undercoating will get rid of a TON of road noise. I used to get stuck doing them alot for my work so thats the only reason i know. Does sweet frig all for rust but the coatings like an extra thick layer of good sound deadener under the car.

Grab a measuring tape, a Pencil and a pad of paper.

Would a single layer of Damplifier pro be enough to stop the majority of road noise/vibration?

Would a single layer of Damplifier pro be enough to stop the majority of road noise/vibration?

The more layers you do the better, after applying to a surface tap the area making sure your satisfied with how well it dampened. If not apply another layer to the area.

If you really want to kill noise, add another product on top of the damplfier pro such as luxury liner.

Making a deadener sandwich on your floor helps a ton. Mat layered with acoustic layer covered with mat.

The more layers you do the better, after applying to a surface tap the area making sure your satisfied with how well it dampened. If not apply another layer to the area.

If you really want to kill noise, add another product on top of the damplfier pro such as luxury liner.

I do not feel "the more the better"

I think you can go past a level where it's not making a difference.

I would suggest what m5 has said. A good barometer of how much you need also it to do the tap test. Tap some metal. if it makes a hollo noise there. You need more, but just in that spot. If it sounds like a dead like a safe door, I say your done.

Edited by dem beats

I'd say to see the biggest difference do the wheel wells and firewall to feet areas. Just a suggestion if you're on somewhat of a tight budget and don't think you can do the whole car. Since, obviously, road noise comes from the tires rolling along the pavement and the engine can make a lot of noise as well. If your engine is really noisy you can get a pad to put on the underside of your hood. A guy I used to work with did that on his Bronco and said it helped a ton. You'd also be surprised to find out how much different tires can make a difference in road noise. and there are of course air leaks around doors, windows, etc, where seals may need to be replaced. Being that's a 14 year old car I wouldn't doubt it has leaks like that. But those are kinda off-boundary suggestions. You just might want to pinpoint exactly what noises you are hearing so that you can make the most of your deadening power.