sundownz

Bigger Sub ?

hey jacob. i think loosening the suspension would be a great idea. or something to make it even more daily-friendly. that's for putting so much effort into letting us know your product line!

hey jacob. i think loosening the suspension would be a great idea. or something to make it even more daily-friendly. that's for putting so much effort into letting us know your product line!

this bigger sub is a custom one besides the nightshades kill the lows with the stiff suspension as it is why would you want to change that

jacob wtf?!?

that coil is massive...the tinsel leads r plain retard..thats a very beefy coil...

i like ........ i like it alot

jacob wtf?!?

that coil is massive...the tinsel leads r plain retard..thats a very beefy coil...

Wy to quote Dumb and Dumber :)

Who does your coils out of curiosity, is it Econowind?

jacob wtf?!?

LOL I WAS WATCHING IT LAST NIGHT

:neil:

jacob wtf?!?

LOL I WAS WATCHING IT LAST NIGHT

:neil:

Nice, I just watched it on Memorial day, lol.

That is where the large coil came from.

Small 2" coil is from Po-Yun.

---

As for this coil... it won't even come close to fitting in the Nightshade gap. The Nightshade uses an 8-layer flat coil - this is an 8-layer round and the monster sub will have an optional 10-layer flat coil.

The length is the same as the "long" D1 coil I've been re-coning some drivers with, though.

---

Regarding Fs and whatnot... the big sub will be customizable. If you want a lower Fs, it can be done.

---

Before anyone asks... no ETA. I just have a coil sample and a cone sample so far... nothing is final. But it'll be pretty massive and they will all be custom made.

That is where the large coil came from.

Small 2" coil is from Po-Yun.

---

As for this coil... it won't even come close to fitting in the Nightshade gap. The Nightshade uses an 8-layer flat coil - this is an 8-layer round and the monster sub will have an optional 10-layer flat coil.

The length is the same as the "long" D1 coil I've been re-coning some drivers with, though.

---

Regarding Fs and whatnot... the big sub will be customizable. If you want a lower Fs, it can be done.

---

Before anyone asks... no ETA. I just have a coil sample and a cone sample so far... nothing is final. But it'll be pretty massive and they will all be custom made.

Still an absolutely sweet idea. I have to assume the coil on this is a 3" then as the Nightshade is and you didn't say this coil wouldn't fit due to the diameter ;) Again to suit my curiosity why not go with a 4" coil?

With a 4" coil I'd have to look into totally different baskets, spiders, cones, etc.

IMO, with what this sub will be capable of with a 3" coil it's really not necessary for 99.9% of people to use a 4" coil anyway. If my first prototype motor doesn't handle as much power as I want I have some other ideas for it.

With a 4" coil I'd have to look into totally different baskets, spiders, cones, etc.

IMO, with what this sub will be capable of with a 3" coil it's really not necessary for 99.9% of people to use a 4" coil anyway. If my first prototype motor doesn't handle as much power as I want I have some other ideas for it.

Sweet, I will never buy one of these, lol, but it is sweet to see you making them.

do you think you'll be developing 18's for this?

They will be built to order in 12s, 15s, and 18s when available.

I was wondering if 12's are the way to go seeing how the numbers of really high power handling subs in the 10/12 sizes have dropped off in recent years.

They will only be built on demand, so if nobody buys 12s I won't make any :)

Certainly won't be doing any 10s, though, since the motor is 10" across.

Sounds interesting, but the shipping weight of this beast is definately something that won't work for me :(

Only if you would ship straight from the buildhouse :lol:

Sounds interesting, but the shipping weight of this beast is definately something that won't work for me :(

Jacob is going to build these

Indeed, I'm going to be building them.

Indeed, I'm going to be building them.

Even the motors ?

Even the motors ?

Not the motors, don't have a magnetizer yet :)

I noticed the yet there, are you gonna get one? If so build your own!! Get a ton of huge farad value high voltage Caps, make an inductor and a way to charge the caps and connect the coil safely and there you go :)

Experimenting with some assembly stuff today :)

Testing the glue that I may be using and a few techniques for assembly.

Trying it out on assembling an 18" Nightshade. Will post pics if it turns out alright!

Experimenting with some assembly stuff today :)

Testing the glue that I may be using and a few techniques for assembly.

Trying it out on assembling an 18" Nightshade. Will post pics if it turns out alright!

cool Jacob Ive gotta see this nightshade 18 hehehe