are the Icon series more spl setup? When are they coming back in stock? Which of the sundown amps would work better on a 15 the 1500 or 1000?

are the Icon series more spl setup? When are they coming back in stock? Which of the sundown amps would work better on a 15 the 1500 or 1000?

SQ that can handle some spl work. i would say 1000 would be right for 99% of people. If you know what you are doing 1500 would work, but you wouldn't want to shoot that much power at it.

I think SSA even has a sundown and icon deal in the shop. You can't go wrong there.

They are designed for SQ, but they can handle a good amount of abuse as well. We suggest a 1000wRMS amp for your ICON. I'm currently running a sundown 1500d to my 10D2, but of course the gains are set very conservately.

If you would like to run that kink of power, just please know where your limits are. Other then that, enjoy.

The subs should be in stock in Aug. We will be taking pre-orders on them at a small discount in the mean time.

How do they compare to mach 5 ixl's? I have been watching some vids of the ssa and they are impressing me more.

I have my ICON 12 D1 (I believe, Mark can confirm) running at around ~1250 RMS (6/8 on gain) on a 1600 watt channel. Sounds great, no clipping, no burning... I still can't wait for the new box to have a little more SPL output though :) I need that tornado in the Denali... Yea Heard?! LOL

Edited by Stephan

I have my ICON 12 D1 (I believe, Mark can confirm) running at around ~1250 RMS (6/8 on gain) on a 1600 watt channel. Sounds great, no clipping, no burning... I still can't wait for the new box to have a little more SPL output though :) I need that tornado in the Denali... Yea Heard?! LOL

D2, confirmed. lol

Glad you're liking it. Keep me posted when you get that new box in.

Thanks Mark,

Guess I was wrong MP3, I have a D2 :) Either way the sub is still hitting hard to this day with daily play. The box is history though =( Need to get Garrit to build my new one ASAP!

Edited by Stephan

They are designed for SQ, but they can handle a good amount of abuse as well. We suggest a 1000wRMS amp for your ICON. I'm currently running a sundown 1500d to my 10D2, but of course the gains are set very conservately.

If you would like to run that kink of power, just please know where your limits are. Other then that, enjoy.

The subs should be in stock in Aug. We will be taking pre-orders on them at a small discount in the mean time.

How would a SAZ-1500D be for 2 Icon 15's?

How would a SAZ-1500D be for 2 Icon 15's?

a pretty darn good combo, imo.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

More on this plz?

Edited by juan

are you talking about pre-ordering?

I think he's reffering to what he put in bold in your quote.. the thing about the small discount

are you talking about pre-ordering?

Yes

I think he's reffering to what he put in bold in your quote.. the thing about the small discount

Yupp