Sign in to follow this  
lee

Sundown Audio Battery

Sundownz,.....have you ever thought about manufacturing some batteries like DC Sound Labs, Cactus Sounds etc.? I thought this would be a nice addition later on down the road for expansion to the company.

why bother? he reccomends Powermaster as it is why waste capital when he can point people in that direction

It has been a passing thought - but there are no near term plans to do so.

Until then I will continue to suggest Powermaster.

why bother? he reccomends Powermaster as it is why waste capital when he can point people in that direction

^^^ Always tyring to shoot me down for some reason idk, anyway this was a long way down the road idea when sundown becomes big business.

I don't see the point.

me either knowing Jacob like I do he wouldnt just take an Odyssey battery and slap a sticker on it he would accualy develop one and that takes a ton of money and it still could get lost in the sea

I don't see the point.

me either knowing Jacob like I do he wouldnt just take an Odyssey battery and slap a sticker on it he would accualy develop one and that takes a ton of money and it still could get lost in the sea

Oh yeah.

since you have this topic up what about components and mid range speakers? any thought on them?

since you have this topic up what about components and mid range speakers? any thought on them?

I believe hes thinking about them but hes got alot of things on his plate right now hopefuly with the economy going down the crapper he can keep pressing forward

o so hes doing better now that the economy is down? i wish it was like that for me with gas prices its 140 a week, thats just in town driving. i plan to goto key west in july looking at about 300 in gas to get there

o so hes doing better now that the economy is down? i wish it was like that for me with gas prices its 140 a week, thats just in town driving. i plan to goto key west in july looking at about 300 in gas to get there

Oddly enough... last month was the highest sales month since Sundown Audio started.

Interesting considering the economy!

---

As far as mids and tweeters... I have one of each in the works. No ETA... but here is a little teaser info.

6.5" mid... 2.0" deep... 8mm linear excursion one-way... response to 4.5-5khz

1" dome tweeter... tuned back chamber... ceramic dome... 2-4x linear excursion of most tweeters

Both very low distortion, high-end, designs.

I don't even have my prototypes yet so thats all I've got :)

Oddly enough... last month was the highest sales month since Sundown Audio started.

Interesting considering the economy!

---

As far as mids and tweeters... I have one of each in the works. No ETA... but here is a little teaser info.

6.5" mid... 2.0" deep... 8mm linear excursion one-way... response to 4.5-5khz

1" dome tweeter... tuned back chamber... ceramic dome... 2-4x linear excursion of most tweeters

Both very low distortion, high-end, designs.

I don't even have my prototypes yet so thats all I've got :)

XBL^2 for any of it? I just wondered, lol.

thats good to see the business expanding, hey jacob that shop in holly hill, fl whats the address it takes like 5 min to get to holly hill from here

thats good to see the business expanding, hey jacob that shop in holly hill, fl whats the address it takes like 5 min to get to holly hill from here

im sure all those 3000d sales helped alot!

2-4x linear excursion of most tweeters

Seeing excursion being used to describe a tweeter made me giggle.

It matters for tweeters too - gives you the flexibility to cross-over lower and retain low distortion.

Maybe - you'll just have to wait and see ;)

Maybe - you'll just have to wait and see ;)

I'd like to see it. ;)

Especially the tweeter.

for the price i dont think people woudlnt buy them. i think jake should make a 4500-5000 watt amp instede of batts tho

for the price i dont think people woudlnt buy them. i think jake should make a 4500-5000 watt amp instede of batts tho

That is in the works :)

Maybe, if we are lucky, next year.

We've been over that 3 billion times, too much power, too expensive and when he gave people the opportunity to make it happen, it didn't even come close.

gonna go out on a limb and ask if those mids/highs gonna be tailored for active setups ??

Lol, this thread has touched on just about everything else aswell besides the main topic.

Sign in to follow this