Sign in to follow this  
RL-i8_Mr._Jones

ascendant audio soft parts

No big deal man, sorry i've been working 16 hours a day and no where near internet or phone or anything. (Yes, i've got another job for summer..not for long though)

Sorry I havent been around on the forums much in the past couple of weeks...

Nick has let me know about this one and I believe it was taken care of price wise yesterday. I am real easy on what is a "defect" and in looking at the pics wouldnt call this a defect by any means. I am concerned more with the setup and getting this going perfect this next time to avoid anything like that. Im sorry, but I dont think I saw the amp/power and complete set up details in any of the previous posts so if you could post them here Id appreciate it.

My take is that it looks like things have gone into overexcursion. Knowing those surrounds and where they would break in a bad situation, thats a classic example of the failure mode. The spiders and surrounds limit at about the same time and if you look at the back side off the spider, youll see a double glue joint that is similar to what we use on the BTLs. We definitely overbuild the little 8s as we dont want them back for any reason :)

Please let me know that you have been taken care of price wise and if there is anything else I might be able to help with.

Thanks,

Scott

Sign in to follow this