Sign in to follow this  
RL-i8_Mr._Jones

ascendant audio soft parts

LOL...

Just looking at the rubber trim gaskets tells me what happened..

Good luck with this one!

then wut happened?? n i cleaned off the glue before the install because it looked like crap and there was no point in leaving it all over the speaker. n yea they were all in the same box same size chamber ported at the same hz.

Edited by RL-i8_Mr._Jones

i am hoping those pics will show that it was the company's fault. also i still would like at least a price for the fi soft re cone parts. I would really like to get those no matter what. and still the company makes a good product just for some reason the ones that i got were messed up also as i said before i have a 3rd one that is going out as well so when these things get re coned with the soft parts i will be sending all 4. I would like to do this by the end of the month or being of next month.

What amp were you running these with? Also, Why did you put the screws through the gasket? There's only 4 holes in the gasket, not 8, you are supposed to peel the gasket back and pre drill the holes through the edge of the surround and into the box, if you didn't pre drill the holes and didn't clean the holes out thats why your surrounds are splitting, the screws peeled the surround up when you ran them through the gasket...when you powered them up and beat on them they split. The top picture indicates the split started at the screw hole, its located at about the 11 o'clock position...

Sorry but IMO that is 100% user error. Ive done my fair share of building and reconing and can do it in my sleep. Hell I reconed a 9515d while waiting in line to get into the gates at NOPI up in some hellhole in GA in '02.

And after a recone, or a freshly built speaker, the edge of the surround will cover the screw holes in the basket's surround landing. Because of this you HAVE to drill out the screw holes, because if you dont it will twist the surrond that is in immediate contact with the screw head (red circle.) This twisting acutally pulls the surround towards the left side of the screw head (yellow arrows.) This effectively lessens (a lot) how far the sub can move in that small area. Combine that with any kind of decent throws and you get a ripped surround.

96a45dddc6511e56ff1ea8bfa589c43d.jpg

Edited by Bumpin' Yota

i dind't re cone them yet i need to. what ever happened to them to make them do that wasn't my fault. and its not your call if fi says ya looks he did it then o well but until then its not your call to say i did it. like i said i still need them re coned i want fi soft cone so all i need is a price for all 4 of them

Seriously, they look like they were thrashed into place. I would just send the money for the softparts, FI would have to be crazy to pay for something like this...

what ever happened to them to make them do that wasn't my fault. and its not your call if fi says ya looks he did it then o well but until then its not your call to say i did it.

Re-read Nick's post again...:)

There are people in here that have a heck of a lot more knowledge about speakers than you, give them a little credit ;)

NO JIM NO NICK NO EVERYONE YOUR WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he got the ALL FOUR OF THE DEFECTS..... NO WAY ITS THE USER

ONO<~~~~~~ that means you falked up.

but it is funny that you blame the company for all your short commings

Truck20of20Fail.jpg

well its not ripped from the pucking screw holes like u arsehos think but my camera dead so i cant send pics so i guess just pucking tell me the price for the god damn soft parts and be done with it i am sick with dealing with pucking people who wont even answer my first question

well its not ripped from the pucking screw holes like u arsehos think but my camera dead so i cant send pics so i guess just pucking tell me the price for the god damn soft parts and be done with it i am sick with dealing with pucking people who wont even answer my first question

What you fail to understand is that it IS ripped from the screw holes.

You can punch someone in the chin and they will buckle at the knees.... Same situation of cause and effect, the twist of the surround creates extra tension at the surrounds connection to the cone creating a tear under excursion because its travel distance has been significantly shortened.

dont think you're getting a recone any faster with that attitude some people are trying to help shut up and listen to what they have to say so you're not ordeering more recones again

i understand what people r saying but thats not what happend that i can see when i send them in to re coned he might be able to see it better and i might be wrong but for now i am going with what i belived to have hapend and that is company messed up owell i want them fixed no matter what so i guess all i want to know is how much the damn soft pars r and how to send them in.

And you're still wrong.

The Assassins come with 4 holes, not 8. As seen here.

assassin8inchlargefront.jpg

When you added 4 more holes, you twisted the surround so that it was tighter than stock at certain points.

Think of a tshirt that's soaking wet, you go to squeeze the water out of it by twisting it up in a roll. You ever rip a tshirt by twisting it too tightly? Same thing that happened to the sub as soon as you started playing it. The surround was too tight and it ripped.

ok times to own up i final see what yall mean about the screw holes yea i messed up i looked at the gaskets asked my step dad what he thought and well "I" broke them so now i just need to know how much the parts r but thank you johnecon2001 for expalining it to me so that i understood it better so when mustang gets on here i need to know the price of the parts and the info to send them in and payment and what not

Go drink a something relaxing and just sit still for awhile. Nick has a life too.

Sign in to follow this