Next up -

1. rear suspension

2. finish the box

3. install alt and run charge wires

4. install batteries

5. build amp rack

6. install amps and subs

7. try to compete with just subs in October

lookin good brian!....any chance of me swingin by sometime to take a look at it in person??

No amp rack yet, but there are plenty of pics out there of 4 of them in the back of my suburban. . .van will just have two more :D

Had to move last week. . .Back to work this week. Finish up the air suspension hoses and get the box back out to finish it. . .

Brian

Left my canera at home (van is at my shop), but the air suspension is finished, trimmed the corner of the box to clear the door hinge, and the headliner is about 50% complete.

Just picked up new batteries too. . .I had the new and old batteries in my 1/2 ton truck yesterday - (21) group 31's and (2) 34/78's. Man was it loaded down!!

Received my 4/0 charge and ground cable, 50 more feet of 8 ga for subwoofer speaker wire, and a 100' roll of 14 ga for the mids/tweeters.

Received my Kenwood Excelon KDX-X692 and KDC-C669 6-Disc Changer.

Kicker SX amp remote on the way.

Trying to buy a used AC Matrix line driver right now from a guy in Dallas.

Will have more pics soon.

Edited by BKOLFO4

Left my canera at home (van is at my shop), but the air suspension is finished, trimmed the corner of the box to clear the door hinge, and the headliner is about 50% complete.

Just picked up new batteries too. . .I had the new and old batteries in my 1/2 ton truck yesterday - (21) group 31's and (2) 34/78's. Man was it loaded down!!

Received my 4/0 charge and ground cable, 50 more feet of 8 ga for subwoofer speaker wire, and a 100' roll of 14 ga for the mids/tweeters.

Received my Kenwood Excelon KDX-X692 and KDC-C669 6-Disc Changer.

Kicker SX amp remote on the way.

Trying to buy a used AC Matrix line driver right now from a guy in Dallas.

Will have more pics soon.

Did I read that right? 21 group 31's? That's some real porwer. :drink40: Definetly looking forward to more pics on this one.

15 of those are for the van, 7 of them were from the suburban that I sold and need to ship, one of them is for Skip's 63 Nova.

Van will have (1) 34/78 under the hood, (14) D31T's in the back.

Brian

Just to be curios, where in Texas are you? If you were close to me, I'd have to try to come see this in person to get a better idea of how it's turning out.

I am north of Dallas. . .You are 3-3.5 hours from me (went to A&M, so I have made the trip MANY times).

Ok, cool. If I'm ever headed that direction, I'll have to look you up and come see it.

Got the alternator installed. Had to do some drilling, but it is on. Much larger than the factory alt. . .

Received my SX remote in the mail.

Bought an Audiocontrol Matrix line driver.

van019a.jpg

van020a.jpg

van021a.jpg

van023a.jpg

Build looks great, I'm diggin' that 4/0 gauge. You should take some pics of Skipp's arm...I wanna see the carnage!

Not sure if skip took pics of his arm, but my cousin got bit by one last weekend (not in my shop :)).

This was just a couple of hours after the attack!!

bite.jpg

Edited by BKOLFO4

Spider bite that came out from under the seat in a rent car!!!!!! The marks look far apart in the picture because they are the closest thing to the camera. If you compare them to something like my thumbnail, they are not that wide. . .

Hey man, those air shocks look similar to mine..

Did u use the white nylon tool to center the springs? I was told that u need to have at least 40% of the weight in there otherwise those brackets tend to put pressure at the top of the spring seat and break off.. not intially but over time.

Hell, i have alot more weight to content with, like 3000lbs+

No tool. The way they are made, they will only fit in one position, and then the spring mounting holes are slotted to allow the spring to adjust on the mounts.

We will see. . .

Brian

Just checked and you have the other version of the kit from 'Airlift' to the one that we have.

Fixed the side window latches tonight (the plastic latch was broken, but now aluminum brackets hold the windows closed :D).

Painted the inside of the rear windows flat black.

Dropped the nut on the (+) output of the alt trying to get the charge wires on and it is stuck in the frame. . . went to Lowe's and picked up a couple of new ones.

That is all for today. Both boys are playing football and it takes up Tues and Thurs nights and most of the day on Saturday!!!

Box is complete and back in. Will start building the last two layers of the baffle/wall this weekend. Get the threaded rod installed and then I can install the subs :D :D :D

Will get more pics this weekend.

Brian

Edited by BKOLFO4