devil_dawg713

sound deadening question

i have an 08 impala with 2 12 ssd in a ported box, n i wuz wondering wut all should i dynamat? just my trunk or wut? cuz i really dont wanna rip out all

my nice new interior. and will it sound better if dynmat the trunk or will it sound weaker, cuz i dont mind the rattle of the trunk, but i def dont want to loose

overall loudness.

Edited by devil_dawg713

If you want your car to sound best, then you need to apply foil backed deadener all over the interior.

If you want your car to sound best, then you need to apply foil backed deadener all over the interior.

good 2 know, thanx! but will i loose or gain in overall "loudness?"

you actually gain more output because the energy is not being converted and being lost to rattle.

cool thats wut i needed 2know. thanx, ill b deadening soon

I am not so sure you understood what's been told to you. Your question was rather general and when you type like your 10 I'd be suspect of your answers. I also know that you have eliminated most of the valued members from responding as I personally also won't return to a thread where the OP won't even take the time to formulate a sentence.

I am not so sure you understood what's been told to you. Your question was rather general and when you type like your 10 I'd be suspect of your answers. I also know that you have eliminated most of the valued members from responding as I personally also won't return to a thread where the OP won't even take the time to formulate a sentence.

LOL does every thing you say have to be so negative?

I would suggest trying out a small amount of either Second Skin or RAAMAT and see the difference it makes. Then when you see why it is worth the money you can grab more. :)

It wouldn't be if there weren't stupid posts. If I had full run of the forum, the rules would be different but first off not using grammar would get you warned the first time and banned the second. It is just rude to come into someones house and not spend the time to actually try to ask the question you want. I'd also require that each post started with a phrase like "I searched for xxxx, and xxx, and xxx but couldn't find an answer...." I'd also have a pretty much zero tolerance policy. Perhaps you don't realize how many threads some of us have to read. It is really deflating when crap like this happens and makes those of us who put in a lot of time waste time which sucks. :(

Yes, yes it does. :neil:

It wouldn't be if there weren't stupid posts. If I had full run of the forum, the rules would be different but first off not using grammar would get you warned the first time and banned the second. It is just rude to come into someones house and not spend the time to actually try to ask the question you want. I'd also require that each post started with a phrase like "I searched for xxxx, and xxx, and xxx but couldn't find an answer...." I'd also have a pretty much zero tolerance policy. Perhaps you don't realize how many threads some of us have to read. It is really deflating when crap like this happens and makes those of us who put in a lot of time waste time which sucks. :(

I guess you could look at it that way. Some people are brought up differently then others. As you might of been growing up with formal and intelligent people, this guy may have been brought up by the "wrong group of people", which led him to typing and/or speaking how he does.

I guess you could look at it that way. Some people are brought up differently then others. As you might of been growing up with formal and intelligent people, this guy may have been brought up by the "wrong group of people", which led him to typing and/or speaking how he does.

Nope, he is just trying to act cool and failing miserably. Firefox has a spell checker which easily solves all the problems above. Grammar doesn't have to be perfect but at least attempted. If you won't try to make a coherent post no one here will try to give you an answer. The only difference is that I am here letting him know that all he has to do is change how he types and the reactions will be different, the others just ignore it.

Yes I can tell that I spell something wrong when I get the little dotted red line, but MAYBE, this guy doesn't use Firefox. I just tried it out on Internet Explorer and it doesn't help you out with any misspelled words. Maybe you cant just assume he uses Firefox because its so popular, and instead help him out with a link to the Firefox website and point out that you can fix your misspelled words using it.

We definitely went off topic on this thread.

It's just a forum, not an english class. nobody really gets on these things and tells them selfs that it has to be perfect or they wont answer me. let it go or your grow old quick son. :P:D

Actualy, I think M5 is on point and on topic.

Too much can be and is lost in poor posting. I create run on sentances far too much, and end up confusing everything in the process, and saying the exact opposite of what's intended. M was really just helping this guy get his point across, and really is no different than when someone says this vs that threads. It's always replied back with the more info post "available room, what amp, what electrical, etc.".

If it's not possible to really know what the person is asking, then M5 is helping him to be more clear. I also don't see why anyone expects someone to have their hand held through the whole process. He didn't insult the OP, he let them know how to get the assistance of more knowledgable people. I think it's pretty cool that M5 takes the time to tell people how to get more help, as he said most just don't post anything. I get pretty tired of rereading the same post, and asking the same pre requisite questions. M5 takes time to touch base on almost everything he can.

I probably now sound like a big ass kissing brown noser, and frankly that's perfectly fine. I know so verry little in the realm of audio and do rely quite a bit on the information, given for free, that I don't mind saying so when someone who knows tons more than me about the subject I am asking for about. I will listen and do my best to make it easier for them to help me. Then everyone wins. The input that the top 10% of educated people here, once again FOR FREE, trickles down and helps us out. I'm kind of glad that someone takes the time to suggest cleaning up personal conduct to show more respect for themselves and more respect for the forum.

Could M5, be kinder and cuddlier, and more have more warm fuzzy feelings in his posts? Maybe, but really, when people take so little time to ask a question, why should someone give them a big warm hug and say "It's ok you take this place for granted and won't come back and contribute, I'll walk you through the entire process while you take up bandwidth and in effect disrespect those that helped you." Why bother with the preschool everyone gets a blue ribbon attitude?

deadener everywhere even on the glass. more heavier, more better results so mass load those rattles.

:fryingpan:

///M5 is right, the chit gets old. How many times has this question been answered?

Edited by FoxPro5

Wow, this thread got a bit off topic. But no I do NOT have firefox and I didn't know grammar was required on here. But M5 you don't have to be an assshole about it. A simple " Please take the time to write out evrything," would have worked. Not everyone uses the internet all the time on here so maybe you shouldn't expect everyone to know proper forum etiquette.

Wow, this thread got a bit off topic. But no I do NOT have firefox and I didn't know grammar was required on here. But M5 you don't have to be an assshole about it. A simple " Please take the time to write out evrything," would have worked. Not everyone uses the internet all the time on here so maybe you shouldn't expect everyone to know proper forum etiquette.

Pretty much what I typed, all I did on top of that was clarify why.

Nope, he is just trying to act cool and failing miserably. Firefox has a spell checker which easily solves all the problems above. Grammar doesn't have to be perfect but at least attempted. If you won't try to make a coherent post no one here will try to give you an answer. The only difference is that I am here letting him know that all he has to do is change how he types and the reactions will be different, the others just ignore it.

So this was not a personal shot? Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means throwing a fit. You have a point, but you can use tact with someone new to forums.

Devil, if you would have started out stating what you feel as clearly as you do now, no one would have had a problem. Everyone would have understood you. M5 let you know how you can improve your results.

You're complaining that when you came to the internet, and you don't really understand the "rules", and you didn't bother to look for rules on internet etiquette, but we should all be really nice to you just because. Nonsense.

Search forum etiquette on google and you will find some guidence. I back the point of view that someone who is helping you out because you didn't bother to search for information, should let you know when you'r not making sense.

I think that M5 is actually nicer than he has to be, he is more tolerant than I.

As soon as I see "cuz" "wit" "i" "k" "how many dbs" or anything else written that way, I pretty much realize that all forward progress has now ended...

If you speak/talk/post like crap, you should just pay someone to do whatever it is you are trying accomplish with the least amount of effort. That would be better for everyone. If you are really trying to learn (and not have someone else do all the leg work for you) you would be honest, factual and intelligent.

I know that I seriously think about my help before I post it. I try and ensure I cover all my bases and give people real answers that come from measuring, training, experience and personal knowledge. This takes time. If people expect to get articulate help, they need to post articulate questions.

-Just my 2 cents, of course...

Ok I hope the point was made and understood. Now back to the topic, did you have a specific question about where/how much/layers etc. of deadener?

Ok I hope the point was made and understood. Now back to the topic, did you have a specific question about where/how much/layers etc. of deadener?

No, because my question was answered before all this other stuff. I'm planning on 1 layer of Damplifier and 1 of Overkill. Unless you would suggest otherwise.

Edited by devil_dawg713

I have a question about deadener as well but I figured I would post it here instead of starting a new thread since its not really that big of a question.

I was just wondering if it would be worth it to just deaden my trunk? I really dont want to spend the money to deaden the whole car. I might be able to do the front doors but I would like to avoid that as well. Obviously it would be better if I did, i know that. Just wondering if I should even bother with the trunk if I am not going to do the rest of the car.