Sign in to follow this  
meccalli

fi Q vs JL w6 in terms of sq.

its been reviewed and its been a "god" in sq.its the w6 ...no doubt its a fantastic woofer..but how does the Q compare..this would be a nice reference .

i am also interested in a non biased opinion on this also.

i have alot of experience with the w6 line new, and old. i have no experience with the Q.

it would be interesting to see what a non biased person would say since the q is marketed as fi's sq line.

it would be nice to see how it stacks up to a great bench mark.

I've heard both... quite honestly they are both great subs... the W6 has excellent tonal accuracy and can get loud and low... Problem is so does the Q... In terms of performance or sound quality neither really has the edge it's just too close to tell...

The only difference would be the price tag and Customer support by the companies that manufacture them...

IMO... price and quality Fi all day....

and i have not heard the Q... but i have owned the w6's

IMO... price and quality Fi all day....

Price...Yes Fi takes it there. Quality...well they are both quality speakers as far as performance and build go.

I've heard both and love them both. The advantage with the w6v2 is the ability to perform great in a very compact enclosure. Advantage with the Q is the price and ability to get louder.

I would probably take the Q also when it comes down to it.

I am by no means a JL fan, but the W6 is a superb driver. I own a pair of Q 12"s, however if they would not have been available to me, I would have found a pair of W6's. I would put them both very close to each other. Performance/$ I would choose the Q. IMHO the W6 edges the Q in SQ. To be fair though, the W6's I have heard were all sealed. My Q's are very ported. :D Knowing what both are capable of in respect to what I wanted in my system, you see what I chose! I have no issue with saying the Q is a better all around choice.

Assuming this is the W6v2 you're talking about...

I'd probably give the nod to the JL driver, though it's close. Both are enjoyable to listen to...but if I was forced to pick one, I'd take the W6v2 :) I don't consider price to be a valid comparison point for everyone, the W6v2 is pretty cheap when compared to things like a Focal Utopia, Morel Supremo or Aura NS/MR series (all three of which I'd like to have anyway :D)

It seems from the thread that you could get any sub and it will be a great choice...

Never heard the W6V2 but I seen them. Owner are too scared to powered them up. Owned 2 15Q and did a comparison with the Brahma MK1 sub (2 15 vs 2 15) but thats out of the tpic anyway.

Cant give an unbiased opinion since my previous subs are the CVR's

from what ive heard yes listening not word of mouth. the q is better compared to the w7. they even have graphs of the frequency response and they are near identical. the w6 is a slightly better sq sub but if you want a little more output the q is the better sub just like the w7 and comparing the price of a w7 to a q the q is a way better value

okies..thanks guys...one of the reasons for this was that ..initially...i was goin for the bl...however after some serious reconsideration...i think the q will be what im lookin for loud..low and beautiful sound...it may not be as loud as the bl...but it makes up for the rest.the reason for the w6 was just for sq comparison.

Sign in to follow this