gushybear

Lining trunk of SUV

Think of overkill has a filter, and luxury liner as a barrier (because of the foam and vinyl).

I'll be making more videos on each product so you can see it in action. Check out this one though, it explains why we used which product.

This made me assume you are a rep for the company, or work for them. Either through product endorsement or otherwise.

I'm no where near skilled enough to argue why the ensolite worked. It seamed to do ok though when I used it on the roof of my truck after I put on the Raam.

WHy did this happen? I am not argueing your point, but help me understand. Was it just the fact I added more mass that wind and such was reduced?

I got a 1-1.5 DB's differance.

kinda old thread but wth.....think of it this way

if you beat on a concrete wall its not going to flex and the vibration noise u hear will be alot less than say, if u hit on a wooden wall in ur house, it will echo quite a bit, and if music if loud enough u could hear right through it...

denser heavier material is going to block out more noise...

this thread has made about 5 tangents from the original post anyway, lol

+1

.. I understand what you are saying, but why would ensolite not work at all for helping to stop outside noise. Thumping outside with deadener and then ensolite was definately more muffled than deadener alone.

.. I understand what you are saying, but why would ensolite not work at all for helping to stop outside noise. Thumping outside with deadener and then ensolite was definately more muffled than deadener alone.

He didn't really say it didn't work, just that at frequencies of road noise (100-400hz) it won't be effective. As for why it helped with your thumping, well of course by default when you thump you are exciting the structure with broadband energy including frequencies that are much higher than those where Ensolite will be somewhat effective.

You're never really going to stop it, only attenuate it below audibility.

The nature of your question has already been answered in this thread....maybe a few times. Truly killing noise takes mass. Foam has none.

if you beat on a concrete wall its not going to flex and the vibration noise u hear will be alot less than say, if u hit on a wooden wall in ur house, it will echo quite a bit, and if music if loud enough u could hear right through it...

Think even denser and heavier than concrete, though. Depending on it's shape, lead has a resonant frequency of about 10 hz. You cannot hear 10 hz. Lead is HARD to move...very hard. In order for you to hear it (according to your example) it has to move and make noise. Otherwise, sound just kind of goes right through it.