Sign in to follow this  
nick_19

4.5 ft3 @ 32 htz for AA Havoc 15

Nothing special... I'm not all that great at building boxes... but here is what me and and my friend threw together.

about 10 different braces lol. I had a bunch of extra internal space.

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00154.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

Thanks. Yeah making the port like that is real easy, and I like the way it looks as well.

Yeah. Fit PERFECT. Designing the box w/ sub up and port to the side, I can fit up to 8.5 gross... So much easier than all of my previous boxes. It slides in with NO probs at all. The sub did not work the day I built the box :( you can look at my thread about that. It's a mystery. I will get pics and vids over thanksgiving. I go to boarding school, and I leave tomoro :(

Thanks. I like the color scheme and the look of that sub. If I was great I'd be able to get the paint to look seamless, but I just didn't wanna take the time to paint it like that. Plus I've never kept a box for more than two months lol.

Here are a few old (from Christmas 2007) pics of what's in there... not very clean, but the car will be replaced in two years

carstuff008.jpg

5 layers of dynamat/fatmat :P

DSC00190.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

Edited by nick_19

Nice sub, solid box, great job. :)

one question. how did you cut at an angle with a skillsaw? lol

Edited by RobClay

circular-saws-06.jpg

See the flat black knob on the front right at the very bottom? It looks like it is in a curved groove.

Well that thing allows you to angle the blade by loosening it and letting it slide through the groove to the top. It goes from 0 - 45 degrees.

It is super easy and looks damn nice IMO. Not near a flared port, but better than just sanded or nothing at all. Makes the port look bigger to, not that this box needs any more port area!

Edited by nick_19

Nice saw right there minus the lazer guide beam

nice box!

havocs look sexy as hell!

Updates????????????

UPDATE: I got the braces redone to fit where I want them, painted the inside of the box, and put the silver shiny coat on the inside and the port. I'm going to wait to put pics up until it is all done (should be Christmas day or the day after). I am still waiting on my LEDs to come in the mail, and the sub is sitting here freshly recone, never seen power ;)

PS - I probably put pics of what I've done so far up later today along w/ pics of the sub!

I t

i know i'm boring. I just don't feel like there is a reason to take pics of the box yet. I will take pics when I start to get it installed. Soon... I need bass back. Here are just some boring pics of the sub :P

DSCN1127.jpg

DSCN1130.jpg

DSCN1131.jpg

DSCN1132.jpg

DSCN1134.jpg

DSCN1133.jpg

PS- Anyone ever notice how similar the AA symbol and the Coors symbol are???? Look at the next to last pic.

Edited by nick_19

did you get the newer version of the havoc?

YES!!! The motor is the old thing on it. This Havoc is about a year old, but long story short I sent it in for a recone and USPS managed to break a spoke of the BASKET, even though the sub was in a wooden framed box... So it has brand new soft parts and a basket, the motor is original though! I love the look of the embedded tinsels. I'd reverse mount this baby if I had the room.

Aight here are a few pics of the box now. The paint job isn't pretty or professional, but it gets the job done, and that's what I want!

LED's should be here MAYBE today, most likely tomorrow.

DSCN1135.jpg

.75" Plexi (the cover is brown)

DSCN1136.jpg

DSCN1138.jpg

DSCN1141.jpg

DSCN1142.jpg

My side project at the moment :)

DSCN1144.jpg

I case I haven't said what I'm doing, I'm putting a plexi window in the box and lighting up the entire inside, especially the sub!

Edited by nick_19

Nice enclosure, yeah I just noticed it does look similar to the coors' mountain.

Where is the plexi window going on the enclosure??? Im getting a Havoc soon, and my friend decided to get a Havoc 15 when I showed him this thread haha.

You should get some videos of it!!!

Oh I got some.

Nick's Vids

I got the lights and plexi in after some difficulty! I don't have pics cuz my camera died... but I did get a vid before it died. I'll upload it to youtube as we speak... It'll be on that link I provided soon.

Good!!!! He will be ever so satisfied with this sub, trust me! Tell him to do it! This thing is a beast! I'll take some better vids and pics I promise. I just need a lil more time. I'm going to TermLab it on Monday too!

I really can't describe how much happier I am with this box than the last one. If you like to pound out the low notes in "Put On" "Hood Nigga" and "Late Night Tip (Screwed)" build this kind of box... the extra space made such a huge difference with the lows. Oddly enough, my electrical is also taking less of a hit and the amp doesn't get as hot as it used to. Increased efficiency? Who knows, but I am very happy with it like this. I'll update this post with pictures, vids, and TermLab results on Monday or Tuesday or so.... Peace.

Edited by nick_19

We both are! This vid sucks so I'm not putting it on youtube, but the special people at SSA can see it, even though it's pretty bad.

th_deb6d97d.jpg

UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH.

Driving to my gf's from work last night..... Sped up to get through a red light. I was on a 4 lane highway going through town NOBODY was around me. There was nobody out cuz it was about 1 in the morning... cop was waiting right behind the building. Gave me a careless driving ticket for excessive speed and a boom box violation ticket! GAH. The good news is I can take the class and get the careless driving off my record, but hopefully I can get both of them pulled. I know some people that know some people.... Does anyone have any clue about how much those tickets cost? Thank yall... I can't have that careless on my record cuz insurance for a 17 y/o is already out the roof. Pooooo.

UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH.

Driving to my gf's from work last night..... Sped up to get through a red light. I was on a 4 lane highway going through town NOBODY was around me. There was nobody out cuz it was about 1 in the morning... cop was waiting right behind the building. Gave me a careless driving ticket for excessive speed and a boom box violation ticket! GAH. The good news is I can take the class and get the careless driving off my record, but hopefully I can get both of them pulled. I know some people that know some people.... Does anyone have any clue about how much those tickets cost? Thank yall... I can't have that careless on my record cuz insurance for a 17 y/o is already out the roof. Pooooo.

Need to talk to a lawyer man they can help you out and believe me in the long run its better to pay them a little more and not have to worry about your insurance getting jacked up for a few years. Thats why i always turn it down at night and still follow rules since its happened to my bro twice. sounds great though.

But I can't afford a lawyer... and I mean I deserved the tickets. See I can take this class that will get a ticket COMPLETELY off ur record. You can only use it once, but I can and it will completely remove the careless driving ticket from history in every way so that my insurance won't be affected. And the boom box violation is just an ordinance citation, and it will not affect my insurance in any way no matter what. So I'm covered there. I was just wondering about how much they cost. Yeah I deff learned my lesson man. I was stupid for doing it an knew I shouldn't have at the time.

Haha I already seen your videos on youtube a couple times, theres not too many havoc videos on youtube!

you should see if your sub hits "10 G's" by Killer Mike! that song has high 20s in the bassline it sounds great haha.

That sucks about the ticket though, Ive gotten a reckless driving ticket on the first day I got my license; back when I turned 16, for doing a brake-stand at the Taco Bell drive through, so dont feel so bad lol.

Well, anyways...good luck on the TL!

Sign in to follow this