bjfish11

Project David and Goliath

Im sure it wont take long to figure out why the customer named it that. He is actually getting 2 different enclosures. I would say they are on opposite ends of the spectrum. ;)

First, we have 34 cubes ported, and tuned to 33 hz. And no, that is not a typo, I did say Thirty-Four! It is going to be the house for 4- 18" Fi SSD's.

The second enclosure will be .35 cubes sealed. Not sure on the driver, but just a little 10.

Here are the starting pics for the first enclosure...

CarlPileggi001.jpg

CarlPileggi002.jpg

CarlPileggi003.jpg

CarlPileggi004.jpg

CarlPileggi005.jpg

CarlPileggi006.jpg

CarlPileggi007.jpg

CarlPileggi008.jpg

Damn you have some mad skills BJ, its looking really great! I will be watching this log...

I've built some crazy chit before but damn...

Looks great so far BJ.

BTW, the 10"'er will be a Ficaraudio Q10. I'm building a SQ setup and my son is going for SPL (Duh).

Transporting should be fun!

haha. just fedex overnight it, cant be more then i dont know.... a few grand.

i guess it'd have to make it into the cargo hold of the truck OR the plane first lol.

Makes sense, that's about the only thing big enough to hold a box that big. That would definetly be something interesting to see and hear when it's done.

Yikes, will be watching this one also.

Im hoping ot have quite a few more pics up tonight. Plan on having a really productive weekend in the shop. Just found out I dont have to work tomorrow (yay), so Ill spend most of the day out there playing catch-up. Keep your eyes open for more build logs...

Looks great so far BJ.

BTW, the 10"'er will be a Ficaraudio Q10. I'm building a SQ setup and my son is going for SPL (Duh).

Unless you are throwing ridiculous power at that thing, I'd make the .35 box bigger. Closer to the .6 rec'd size...

Looks great so far BJ.

Unless you are throwing ridiculous power at that thing, I'd make the .35 box bigger. Closer to the .6 rec'd size...

Ficar lists .2 to .6 cuft for the Q10 in a sealed configuration. I wasn't sure which way to go so I e-mailed them. Scott recomended .35 cuft net with .25 lbs of polyfill for some reason for SQ. I'll have 1000 watts available. Does that sound about right?

Edited by cecaa850

Little update with no pics at the moment...

This beast will be completly assembled and ready for carpet before I go home tonight. Probably one of the toughest enclosures I have built, because of the size of everything. Its going together real nice, just taking some extra hands and a few clamps.

Ill have some pics up when I get home from the shop.

This beast will be completly assembled and ready for carpet before I go home tonight. Probably one of the toughest enclosures I have built, because of the size of everything. Its going together real nice, just taking some extra hands and a few clamps.

Sounds great!

No job too big or too small :P

Sounds great!

No job too big or too small :P

Haha, I know dats' right.

Pics uploading... ;)