SpeakerBoy

SSA mini woofers

i just wanted to ASK you guys at SSA if i could possibly have a custom built woofer. an iCon 5d2 to go in my backpack system. i would much prefer over the tang bands, because knowing you guys, it would have at least like 200w rms handling lol. thanks for tolerating my stupidity!

-Chris

I doubt this will happen, very much.

Ditto. No ones going to make a 5 inch subwoofer for your chitty backpack stereo. Seriously, buy some fricken headphones.

Unless you want to buy 100, they won't make it.

Every single post I read of which you are the author sure reminds me your balls haven't dropped yet.

Every single post I read of which you are the author sure reminds me your balls haven't dropped yet.

:lol:

JESUS. wow a kid can't dream, make stupid predictions and cry when they don't come true? you guys suck the fun out of life. And though it changes little, i meant a 6" typed too fast i guess.

JESUS. wow a kid can't dream, make stupid predictions and cry when they don't come true? you guys suck the fun out of life. And though it changes little, i meant a 6" typed too fast i guess.

Why not a 8"?

think about what goes into making a single woofer.

think about what goes into making a single woofer.

X2, it would be EXTREMELY expensive to make a single woofer for you, and not cost effective for SSA.

advertise them as comps or something, ultra high-powered midbass, or some shizz. this idea is really going down the drain.

Buy a 100 and I'll get it done, expect to wait 6 mo+ as well though.

Why not a 8"?

an 8" would have to be EXTREMELY slim for my use in the backpack. plus there's the enclosure....if you got designs i am not opposed but i think the tang bands would be alot easier.

thing is, unless they are $3 apiece i couldn't afford. my bad people. i forgot all the hard work put into woofers (well at least all brands besides pyramid and boss).

Why not a 8"?

an 8" would have to be EXTREMELY slim for my use in the backpack. plus there's the enclosure....if you got designs i am not opposed but i think the tang bands would be alot easier.

You 100% need a different box anyways.

Why not a 8"?

Morel 8" Neolins are under 3" deep, but they'd be a waste for this project.

Again, a good set of AKG, Sennheiser or Grado cans will cost less, be less bulky, annoy fewer people, and give you a better appreciation for what music should sound like.

We are very limited in what we can do because we are very limited in funds. There already is an 8" driver in the works but it will not be shallow mount at all. The TB drivers are a very good option and the price on PartsExpress is always good. :)

I'm with Jim, buy a nice set of cans for YOUR head and you will shit when you hear how good they sound. :)

I had a set of Sennheiser's a few years back that I dream about to this day.....I should buy another pair.

thing is, unless they are $3 apiece i couldn't afford. my bad people. i forgot all the hard work put into woofers (well at least all brands besides pyramid and boss).

even a company like that spends ALOT of money to get a new line off the ground,. you have to think about all the poeple that have to be paid for there job,desingers engeenering,

not to mention the hardware needed to make a NEW sub... baskets, motors, cones, dustcaps

this is why its only worth someone making subs if thay can mass sell them....

IE,.,. someone like sundown.. first checks to see if people will want the item he is thinking about making.

like the 4000 watt amp...... great idea,... but not too many people were ready to lay cash on one right away..

but when he teased the idea of a 1200 watt amp people were buzzing.... then its worth him spending the money.....

also why he does pre sales..... this way he is able to build up finds with out spending boat loads of cash from his pocket.

I guess thats true... Sorry for the waste of time SSA people. didnt realize all the stuff, tools, money ect that goes into a new line.

why dont you just fabricate you a bike to fit you some speakers on and maybe a little battery box or something?

Why don't he save his money so he can buy a car/truck/suv?