Sign in to follow this  
gerront

What to do with brand new SSD 15's???

Well this is my first post, as well as my first purchase ive made with Fi CAr Audio. My 4 15's will be here in a couple of days,..my amps are installed,...the box it built.....the car has been heavily sound deadened......Do i need to break in the subs before i really see what they can do? If i do or if you recommend that i do what are the procedures in doing so and doing it properly.....Any help would be greatly app.

Also what would the power handling be on the SSD 15 Dual 1 ohm if it was upgraded with the copper coil and bp power option? They say it will raise the power handling from 200=500 watts depending on application? What determines that? My box is about 10 cu ft and tuned to about 36hertz? Again any help would be greatly app.

Thanks guys and thanks Fi,

Gerron T.

These subs are durable out the box...Throw in the bass CD of your choice and bang the hell out of them. You won't be disappointed.

awesome thanks guys...ill do that tomorrow!!!!!

Front stage? Well... I hope this is what you mean...If not let me know

Headunit - Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

Amps - Subs (2) M.A. Audio HK802SX

Subs - 4 FI Audio SSD 15" w/copper coils & BP power option

Tweeters - Pioneer TS-T110

Front/Rear Speakers - 4Pr TS-A1682R 4 Ways (each door has a pair in fiberglass pods)

Amp - Mids/Highs - (Temp.) Power Acoustik OV2-520

Wiring - Raptor/Metra

Batteries (as of right now) 1 Optima Blue Top/ 1 Kinetik HC1800

Alternator - Hi-Amp Alternators @ 165amp avg

Yes everything is purchased installed/wired etc. Just waiting on my subwoofers to get here. Should be tomorrow!! I cant wait!!!

What kind of car is it going in?

Edit: Probably a 4runner..-_-

Edited by abxx

Yes, its going in a 96' toyota 4runner.

how do you plan on wiring those sub to the amps. i hope your not trying to give 2200wrms each. those power hungry amps will eat your electrical system up.

Edited by dbjunior

Actually yes im going full power!!! I have made several upgrades on the electrical system to help compensate for all the current draw...Kinetik HC1800 under the hood,Blue top Optima in the rear (temp), as well an upgraded alternator going from 70 amps stock to 165 amp at 1800r.p.m. I also have plans on removing the optima (very soon) and adding some other kind of batteries in the back...the kinetik battery i just bought didnt really impress me as far as power vs dollar. Even after all these upgrades, running one of my 802sx amps at full power will still drop the voltage down to 11.?? Volts. So im really gonna need a couple of batteries that will really talk the talk and walk the walk...but without breaking the bank. Any suggestions on that would be awesome,...ive been experimenting with other brands of batteries as well,..from what i can see most of the batteries ive seen are all AGM batteries (absorbed glass mat). Which is the same exact thing you can find in battery back-up systems as well as wheel-chair batteries and golf cart batteries. By using these batteries i could save money by not buying the "name", but still get the same warranty and performance. But i will have to say the powermaster brand seem to have alot of positives...so i may lean more toward them. :wacko:

4 way speakers? how do those 10 tweeters up front sound? Screaming at you?

its more crisp and clean sounding than anything else, lots of midbass/ vocals. But with the right adjustments its capable of sounding like a 1000 pissed off snakes hissing at you...... :NeedPics:

Well i recieved my subs today......im pretty impressed...but i think they can or should do more. My voltage is dropping down to like 10 volts when you run it real hard.....So i hope everything will eventually get louder when i add more batteries by the amps. Im going with 4 HC1400 in the rear and keep the HC1800 under the hood with the H.O. Alternator(165amp). Hopefully this will help......any suggestions?

i think your right on the enclosure...but ive got them packed n there now as it is.....

Yes i have all the pics in the show off/photography forum on here listed as toyota 4runner build part 1 and part 2

10 volts... that's horrible. That'll kill your amps over time... Under 12 is even bad, let alone under 11. Get your voltage fixed before anything else.

working on that now...got 2 more batteries on the way then when i get sum extra cheese soon im biuying two more....hopefully that will help me out having 5 batteries......

10 is so very very bad..... those amps can burst into flames.

turn those gains down untill you get your voltage right.

i would put the blue top up front..... i donno why.. but i would try it.

10 volts.. thats killig me... did you have the a/c or heater on? the headlights anything???

what you can do to buy you more amphours fast and cheap...... put both of those sealed cells in the rear... and then go get a normal battery... put it under the hood.... check crigslist... check autoparts stores... alot of times they have "used" ones..... alot of times they have never been used.. but have been on the shelf too long!

if you were near by i have 4 sitting on my front porch!

kinetik recommends 4hc2400's for the rear for the amount of power you are using thats over 500ah. you have 4hc1400 thats only 240ah less than half. id add two or 3 hc2400s. your amps are rated at 4400wrms each thats 8800w, plus they are high current amps not class d meaning the are less efficient. at 75% efficency they would be drawing up to as much as 750+amps. durning heavy bass music play id bet you would be drawing over 500amps. a 165amp or so alt wont cut it without serious batterys.

Yeah, i saw that on kinetiks page...i have absolutely nowhere to put those huge batteries...I actually dont have the blue-top anymore, it was sold so ill be running one hc1800 under the hood, and 4 hc1400 in the rear....(should be here this tuesday) i have done the big three some what i had to use a heavy 4 awg from the alternator to battery but the rest is all 0 awg. I hope with the new batteries im getting it will help some, but my intentions are to trade off my amps for something alot more efficient...preferably the sundown 3000's..."cha-ching"!!! Running two of those amps would be great, but they are too costly for me right now. But with all that said my electrical system is pretty stiff i would say considering what i have pulling on it.....it only drops down to around 10.5 volts when it is at full tilt on a bass solo for about a minute....majority of the time (daily) its around it wont go below 11.2volts......(which i know isnt great)....

Sign in to follow this