Sign in to follow this  
F-150 Murphy

I bought a JL audio w1v2 10

Good start.

Can you elaborate more, comment on how you would compare this to other subs you have tried in your truck?

Play a few different types of music and tell us what impressed you, and what could be done better.

the bass on all rap songs. the bass on put on is great. It is very loud and very clear. i was very surpised on the clarity.This is my first sub but i think its good

Edited by F-150 Murphy

lol

thats a very funny statment.

so how much did you pay?

I was very disappointed with my buddies that he bought. Couldn't handle any type of power it seemed.

I was very disappointed with my buddies that he bought. Couldn't handle any type of power it seemed.

i installed 2 10" w1's of a jl e1200 monoblock amp in a sealed enclosure, larger than recommended, and you couldnt tell he even had a system, i strongly dislike those subs and anything by jl, they are way over rated IMO

i installed 2 10" w1's of a jl e1200 monoblock amp in a sealed enclosure, larger than recommended, and you couldnt tell he even had a system, i strongly dislike those subs and anything by jl, they are way over rated IMO

I really like the w6 my friend has in his hummer, but it's an expensive sub.

Since this is in the review section, when are you actually going to review the sub?

Since this is in the review section, when are you actually going to review the sub?

I say just move it to another section as this "review" is laughable.

these are nice subs dont diss them

Eh, to each his own I suppose.

*moved to subwoofers/speakers

Once a review is added I can move it back

For what it is....a low power handling, value SQ sub....it's a very good sub. Most places retail it right at about $100. It's meant to take 200-250 watts continuously to get the best performance out of it. Put it in a ported box built to JL spec, and it'll boom a little more.

It's not meant to take gobs of power. It's for small systems, people looking for a small upgrade.

Like all of JL's products, if used how they are intended to be, they meet and exceed their advertised tokens. If you deviate, you probably will be dissapointed.

I have a single 13W6 on a 500/1 in a dual square ported enclosure built to JL spec. I constantly get tons of compliments from people at shows about not only how good and clear it sounds, but how loud and hard it hits for being just one sub on 500 watts.

The last show I was at in particular I was sandwiched between a Mustang with two Kendwood 12's, and another car with Two JBL 12's, both had amps rated higher than mine (whether or not they really pushed more is another debate) My bass was clearly deeper, louder and harder than theirs. They were checkin me out scratching their heads at my little 500/1 pushing my single sub like that. To be honest, my enclosure probably has alot to with it. It's very well built, built by one of the top 100 installers in america, Tom Mangs of Audio Advisors in WPB, Fl. Dual square ports, rear firing, built for the W6. It sounds really good.

Now...is my set-up an SPL set-up? Of Course not. I attempted to maximize boom by going ported. JL specializes in sound reproduction. SQ. They CAN get loud (subjective. what's loud to one may not be to another) if set-up, but it's not their forte. Anyone buying JL looking to blow doors off will more often than not come away dissapointed. But a side-effect of my set up is the fact that if the volume nob goes up, it does rattle my car and those near it pretty good. For a daily driver, I'm good to go.

JL Audio sets their pricing for all authorized dealers, as do many other retail brands. The JL W1 series are probably the best best subs under $150, chased closely by RF P2s. The 10" is $129, the 12" is $149. The only problem with the W1s, is that they are VERY enclosure temperamental. In a proper box, I'd take the JLs hands down, but if you're going with a space-constrained location, or a pre-fab box, then the P2 is far better. Not to mentions RF designed all of their same-size woofers, regardless of series, to use the same air space. A 10" P1 and a 10" P3 have the exact same air space recommendations. 10w1, 10w6, not so much. The RFs are quite a bit deeper, physically, though. I also like the fact that the P2 comes in DVC, and you have to get up to a W6 to get DVC with JL.

Edited by Ferendon

DVC isn't that important with lower powered subs. They have different coils available to match what you need. I'd rather have that than simply a D4 as my only option. What if I can't get what I want with a D4?

i have a w3v3-4 10" i'd love to get rid of for cheap....