Sign in to follow this  
JoshM20

Need advice on Highs

Hey everyone,

I Ordered 2 Fi Q 15's and 2 SAE-1200D amps, Now I am Looking to get an amp(if needed) to throw on the highs and I want to change the factory highs out and put in some 6.5's

Can anyone suggest good Compnent highs and a good amp to run them,

This is all going into a 08 Mazda6

Thx

Josh

Any ones that sound good to your ears.

x2.....some people swear by some speakers, like the RE XXX comp set, I think they sound horrible...its all what your ears like.

thx! I always apreciate the advice, Should I look into getting an amp for the highs or run them off the sundowns?

the problem for him, and me as well, is that there really aren't many places to audition anything but a few of the more mainstream component sets around i think. i just look for what gets consistently recommended by people who seem to give unbiased advice, that being said i am going for a set of the less expensive seas textile domes that i have heard nothing but good about, and a set of AA carbons or the ID oem/cx64 mids that are kicking around on driver. I know that no matter what it won't be any worse than what comes in my stock bose system, and honestly if it sounds as good as the old diamond audio hex's i had i will be happy.

the problem for him, and me as well, is that there really aren't many places to audition anything but a few of the more mainstream component sets around i think. i just look for what gets consistently recommended by people who seem to give unbiased advice, that being said i am going for a set of the less expensive seas textile domes that i have heard nothing but good about, and a set of AA carbons or the ID oem/cx64 mids that are kicking around on driver. I know that no matter what it won't be any worse than what comes in my stock bose system, and honestly if it sounds as good as the old diamond audio hex's i had i will be happy.

Yea, The only thing to demo around here is the crap they try and push on you, infinity,pioneer,kenwood, and so on. All the mainstream items.

I AM A go around and look at some today, see if I can find anywhere that carries some of the mentioned items.

thx! I always apreciate the advice, Should I look into getting an amp for the highs or run them off the sundowns?

You can't run interior speakers on the same amp as the subwoofers. They need their own.

You can't run interior speakers on the same amp as the subwoofers. They need their own.

Thx, I thought that I just wasnt 100%, It's been a long time since I had a system, So I just want to get it right ><

Thx!

Josh

My budget.... Well there really isnt one, and my goals are to have a great sounding car :)

I'm gettin 2 15's so I need the highs to hang with it. I still have the factorys in it, so no matter what it will sound better when I replace but I would rather do it right the 1st time then have to redo it in a year.

look into the cadence cvl-6k's you can get them for around 200 for the set. they get crazy loud and sound decent there sensitivity is 95db and can handle 200wrms they have a 3in vc and ferro fluid filled silk dome tweets. i have the 5.25 and i love them

Raw drivers are different. Glad to recommend some of those based on preferences, but when you are looking for comp sets they make SO MANY compromises using your own ears is best. Obviously on a sound board you can mostly focus on the mids and highs as the mounting won't help the low end at all, but first describing which ones you like helps a ton.

The AA's & Seas will sound WAY better than the hex set. :)

http://zaphaudio.com/6.5test/

Read this. It is about as unbiased as you can get.

Honestly, asking about listening impressions of speakers that are mostly installed in car doors is going to be pretty tough. Most complaints you will hear anyway will be do to personal taste or install error...

i got some dls r6a that to MY EARS sound good... everyone one is right.... its really up 2 wut kine sound u like