SpeakerBoy

Pioneer subs in my buddy's subaru

This:

With arbitrary information you have given who knows. Doubtful, of course. Please actual spend some time measuring what you have and understanding it before asking questions on what to use.

alright. :lol: instead of fightin you, i will take some advice *gasp* yes i said it, I AGREE WITH M5

And this:

Alright!!!!! this is like, huge!! we found two 3kw pioneers for $189 each. he wants them instead of the x's. we are gonna get them first, then an amp. the prefab box will be used til we have time to make a new one, or have one built for us. he wants to build it himself. any pointers?

What amp should be used to run these? he has a limit on the amp, $1000 and under.

COMPLETELY 100% CONTRADICT EACH OTHER. Yes, I needed to yell. :(

This:
With arbitrary information you have given who knows. Doubtful, of course. Please actual spend some time measuring what you have and understanding it before asking questions on what to use.

alright. :lol: instead of fightin you, i will take some advice *gasp* yes i said it, I AGREE WITH M5

And this:

Alright!!!!! this is like, huge!! we found two 3kw pioneers for $189 each. he wants them instead of the x's. we are gonna get them first, then an amp. the prefab box will be used til we have time to make a new one, or have one built for us. he wants to build it himself. any pointers?

What amp should be used to run these? he has a limit on the amp, $1000 and under.

COMPLETELY 100% CONTRADICT EACH OTHER. Yes, I needed to yell. :(

wait i cant find what i said- what contradicts? and this is the amp we are planning on. electrical is getting done in the next week or so, that is not a problem.

edit: sorry having problems focusing, dude outside is screamin at the cops for some reason, cant think give me a bit.

Edited by DeepSubBoy

wait i cant find what i said- what contradicts? and this is the amp we are planning on. electrical is getting done in the next week or so, that is not a problem.

edit: sorry having problems focusing, dude outside is screamin at the cops for some reason, cant think give me a bit.

The post above outlines it really well.

The post above outlines it really well.

just saw, sorry for the miss on that :(

my buddy's mom accidently locked his keys in his car ( hers is at the shop) have to wait a few hours to get measurements :(

Edited by DeepSubBoy

please dont blow your friends money on junk woofers. keep it simple. like a fi bl and a 1500d. learn to do it right the first time! my first set up was 2 kicker comps and a walmart sony amp later i added a 3rd kicker and got a new amp and learn for each addition. each time i made a new box and now i understand how to design and build a pretty good one. i might have lost money but i didn't drop anywhere near a grand. if u want a pointer here's one - dont buy a pioneer sub or any sub because it says 3k watts.

i probably wasted my time with this post. why dont u have your friend buy abunch of type RRRRRs watch his ass rattle down the street.

lol $1000 on an amp thats funny. Tell u what why not buy a sundown 3000d and put that on your two 3kw subs. So you'll have subs that can handle 6kw, and put them on a 3kw amp and watch it smoke the chit of out them. then return them and ask for your money back because the subs didn't do what they said. Then turn around and spend the same munnys on some Fis.

alright. i can see where this is headed. lemme clear it up a bit. he needs an amp that is <2000w becasue the two together is 2kw rms. cant wait to see what 10 times the power (of the current subs) and double the excursion does to his poor subaru! he found an amp on craigs list, 6kw MTX amp for 300 bucks. are MTX amps decent? IMO subs arent all that but i havent got a chance to compare the amps to others. now the only problem with that is: it will burn the pioneers to a crisp if we are retarded with the volume knob. but we want to have room to power these woofers that we are about to get well, but be able to upgrade without much of a change. maybe new custom box, but thats it. forgive me for any errors in this post, sleep eludes me, and it is 2am.

Edited by DeepSubBoy

I don't think MTX makes a 6kw amp.

and someone selling it for 300 dollars is also impossible.

They can market any power they want. It's a whole diffrent story if the numbers are true or not :suicide-santa:

Please stop shopping and posting until you actually do what you promised you would. Measure and think, post and you will get recommendations. At the moment you are about to waste a bunch of money.

Because your buddy is using MTX! Don't be silly! But seriously, Pioneer has one of the loudest if not loudest vehicles in the world.

lol really? i though DD had the loudest? or is it just Alan and his team? 180.5dB sure is loud... but i am just comparing 200w to 1kw and i see no reason it should be louder. it just is :lol: update: put in a half farad cap, and some 4ga. the lights stopped dimming, and it definetly blows mtx to peices. maybe some vids when i find my camera charger....

I can't remember if DD's score was official or not. What amps are they? The Pioneer and the MTX amp?

mtx is a pyramid power 500x2 briged @ 2ohms for max output. and my guy's amp for the pioneers is a measly Jensen 100x2

did no one catch this??

Your friend with the MTX's is NOT pushing 1000 watts...more of 200-250 watts realistically speaking.

Also quit posting about peak numbers like 6k watt amp for 3k dollars and 3kw sub...peak numbers mean nothing. All it does is show your noobness.

Edited by aznboi3644

I guess I didn't see that "MTX is pyramid power" bit. MTX and pyramid are two different companies. so which is it, pyramid or MTX?

I guess I didn't see that "MTX is pyramid power" bit. MTX and pyramid are two different companies. so which is it, pyramid or MTX?

mtx woofers and pyramid power amp

Last time I am going to say this, go MEASURE his stuff before doing anything or posting further.

The box dimensions are 32in W 17.5in D 15.5in H and it is 1.5 cubes a chamber. i didnt get a chance to measure the port, tape measure got jammed. but odd thing, the port is a "T" shape. box is like this (bottom of picture is front) [_T_] the "T" being the port. how do i measure that?

Edited by DeepSubBoy

1.25 cu ft per chamber for a porteed 12...it may sound nice to you because sq is subjective....but put those subs in a real enclosure and it would get raped.

Yep that box is crap, really easy to do better than that. If you like the way that sounds, you are going to be SHOCKED when you hear a real install.

Ahh, to be young, I remember when a pair of kicker comps in a too big sealed box sounded good.

like i said....for what it is it sounds nice. beleive me...im completely aware that they would sound better in a good enclosure. just sayin that for the money he spent and the power going to them...it sounds nice.

a guy that was over there when we were doin the system has 2 cvx's in a prefab bandpass box...sounds nice. but compared to what it would sound like in a real enclosure thats made for the subs..its not all that great.

Edited by ChiTownTBird312

like i said....for what it is it sounds nice. beleive me...im completely aware that they would sound better in a good enclosure. just sayin that for the money he spent and the power going to them...it sounds nice.

a guy that was over there when we were doin the system has 2 cvx's in a prefab bandpass box...sounds nice. but compared to what it would sound like in a real enclosure thats made for the subs..its not all that great.

Sort of like saying that, yellow snow tastes good for what it is.

this kid is all BULLchit. ITS PISSING ME OFF. dont reply to him.