mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

going to cali soon! im tired of snow!.

I'll trade ya. I'll be closer to home, plus I wanna do some crabbin

shopping on amazon is like trying to dig yourself out of a hole. i buy two items and add five to my wish list every time i'm on there...

Haha my signature and TMax98's avatar are almost in sync with each other!

av-3176.gif

icon_movement.gif

ha thats great it will be for a second then it will mess up, i really like that sig.. to bad its not a btl

I can stare at both of them for hours....and hours....

that's what you get for supporting apple

Hey if it was up to me I wouldn't. But like I said- Christmas present.

i slept through both of my alarms today. Just slapped the dismiss button on it and fell instantly back to sleep.

eh what's on my mind is maybe too much for the hop. the shortened down version is that when I was younger I wanted to achieve it all, i wanted to make the money, have the life get out of the town i was from. That doesn't seem all that different but where i'm from people don't get out. And now that I actually have all this opportunity in front of me, it's kind of like i see the finish line.

the question i keep asking mysef is "Do I still want to win, or do i just cross the line the way i want to, when i want to, how i want to"

I completely understand.

2 18's in a mini...damn

Drove to work with no bass this morning. When I put my faceplate on my headunit there came a crackle and pop from the sub, then nothing. There also seemed to be a power draw from my electrical system, so it would seem that the sub amp (Crossfire BMF1000D) drew a bunch of current. Hopefully it just blew the fuses on the amp, I didn't have much time to inspect. The pop has happened before, except from my interior speakers. Twice in the last month there has been a real loud pop when I put my faceplate on. But my mid/highs amp survived those times (Planet Audio TT2300), just like my new Kenwood KAC-X40 survived this one, though there was no sound from the interiors this time. So maybe there's some static electricity thing going on or something, I'm not sure. Maybe I'll have to start leaving my faceplate on at night, or find out how/where static electricity is building up.

But what I am sure of is that I'm getting tired of car audio. There always seems to be something. If I wasn't addicted to the bass massage I'd give it all up. I've already had two crossfire amps mess up on me before, this could be the third. My first BMF1000D blew, but I bought it used from an SPL competitor so I chalked it up to a hard life. My VR404 blew about 3 months ago, not sure why. My factory speakers that it were on may have blown, but isn't that what the protection circuitry is for? I know I won't be recommending Crossfire anymore. They're underrated, sometimes wildly (I think the BMF1000D was measured to be about 80% underrated at 4 ohms, 50% underrated at 2 ohms, and 25% underrated at 1 ohm), but this is why I've said underrated/overrated means next to nothing. It's the quality of the components that matters.

Alaska sucks...

Don't feel well this morning, throat is killing me. Didn't even go out last night.

Don't feel well this morning, throat is killing me. Didn't even go out last night.

it's all those stogies.

I gotta say

FUCK SHOES

Numba twenty sevens baaabyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

My eyes hurt from working on this amp. I never thought scraping lacuqer off wires can be this fatigueing.

Not feeling well, got down to work, no f'ing coffee filters for coffee, was about ready to kill something. Went to wal-mart, got drugs, coffee, filters, forgot keenex...

wow upon reading it sounds way worse than how i meant it.

Basically 10 years ago things were just so much simpler, and i never imagined i'd be here today. Here i am with the potential to make whatever life I choose and i just hate the lifestyle that it comes with.

It's times like these that i really miss the simpler times, and really start to wonder where i want to see myself in 10 years.

Believe me, I know the feeling all to well. Heck, just 7 years for me. I was on the road making decent money. With a wife, child, two jobs, in-law's and so on, things are much more complicated.

unless people want to tell people to post on other sites instead.

:Doh:

Just wondering, but how many times have you posted on a different forum telling someone to come here?

I have posted loads of links directed over here when there is helpful information about to the topic at hand.

So it's ok for you to recommend that people come here but not for people to recommend somewhere else?

There is a big difference when it is a link that can help answer the question, compared to telling someone to move to another site.

By posting that link, you are telling them to go to another site. You could just post the information.

Once again, completely different when I am helping answer a question or finding a solution that has already be answered here, compared to just plain telling people to go to another site. In addition, I am not going to copy and paste information that people other then myself have posted, so a link would be posted regardless to cite the source.

One is clearly beneficial and supports the topic on the original forum, the other is not. We can keep going in circles on this, but the difference is very clear.

^^^ That is huge, that's like scary huge. Like take your head off if she turns around too fast huge...

Don't be sacred. ;)