mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Just put in an Rl-p, but IB mounting would have made my life happy! Definetely interested.

We should get ahold of Adire and have them design us a subwoofer.  The SSA Special. 

What do I want?  A high efficiency (~95db/w/m), high excursion (25-28mm), low inductance (<1.25mH), mid Q (.35-.45), moderatley low Fs (<27hz), 18" subwoofer for IB use that'll work off of 500w or less for under $300.  Basically a higher excursion IDW18 with a few tweaks. 

Anybody in with me?!?

I haven't played with it to see how "realistic" this woofer is....but it sure sounds fun :D

I'm down, but no XBL^2.

Just got the Mazda back.

Total bill was $660 and change.

$370 something for the fuel pump (it's a $211 part, guy basically made $160).  $20 for a fuel filter.  $190 something for labor.  $80 in taxes.

If you remember I had to replace one earlier this year as well (different vehicle) ... and this is the second time I've heard "don't let your gas drop below 1/4 or your fuel pump will die." ... right.  Ryan called bullchit on that one before.

Story goes a little something like:

They received the car during the day on Wednesday.

Thursday - I phone.  "we're busy, we'll get to it when we get to it - hopefully Monday.  We have ordered the part."

Funny little thing here.  I called the local parts store - four fuel pumps in stock for my car.  $211 each.  Instead they order a part from Vancouver which comes in on Tuesday and I have to pay shipping.

Friday - "We're behind but we're taking friday/saturday/sunday off of work" 

Monday - "Part didn't come in, it'll be here for sure tomorrow"

Tuesday - "Yeah we're done total bill is $662 come pick it up we're going to close early today"

"So, why didn't you guys go pick up the part from the local dealer ?  Would've been cheaper, quicker, and more effective for you and myself."

We don't deal like that.  Sorry.

So I pay and then he tells me what was wrong.

"So the fuel pump, which is in your gas tank, died.  And your fuel filter which looks like this (*holds up an oil filer*) was clogged."

That's odd, I replaced the fuel filter two and a half weeks ago.

"Oh, we had to change it for warranty purposes" (This is true)

So ... why did you just tell me that the filter was clogged?

"Oh, and don't let your gas go below 1/4 tank - this will kill your fuel pump"

Yikes.  I hate dealing with people.

Motherphucker!

The good thing about the place I work at is everyone there is oldschool and all about lending a hand and doing the right thing. I have seen my boss so many times not even charge people for things, it's ridiculous. He's actually losing quite a bit of money, but he's just that nice of a guy. We also have a huge parts vendor that will pricematch any part for us, no matter where we find it cheaper. Never had to wait on a thing longer than a day. There are some good shops out there, but they're tough to find.

We should get ahold of Adire and have them design us a subwoofer.  The SSA Special. 

What do I want?  A high efficiency (~95db/w/m), high excursion (25-28mm), low inductance (<1.25mH), mid Q (.35-.45), moderatley low Fs (<27hz), 18" subwoofer for IB use that'll work off of 500w or less for under $300.  Basically a higher excursion IDW18 with a few tweaks. 

Anybody in with me?!?

I haven't played with it to see how "realistic" this woofer is....but it sure sounds fun :D

I'm down, but no XBL^2.

x2. Must use new technology called x-b-ILL^2.

Hey 350TPI where did you take it? Have to make sure to not recommend that place to anyone. MF's

I played racketball today. Gotta say, thats one of the most tiring sports around. No wonder every time I walk by a racketball court the people playing are soaking wet in sweat.

Anybody in with me?!?

I'm down, but no XBL^2.

I thought about that.

But I see a problem with trying to get a low inductance, high excursion, high sensitivity design out of an overhung motor. Underhung maybe, but then you'd need a mondo thick top plate which = $$.

XBL^2 combines the best of both....high excursion with reasonable top plate thickness and a shorter coil.

We should get ahold of Adire and have them design us a subwoofer.

fudge xbl^2...

Let's see...let's take the part of the motor....and CHOP IT OUT!!!!! Just get rid of it. Then to make up for this huge loss in BL...make the motor REALLY big.

lol...

NG

NP: B.A. - Summer of '69

it's the hair, I swear...it's making me do irrational things. Earlier today I found myself listening to Slippery When Wet at way too high of a volume.

It's getting cut next week.

Anybody in with me?!?

Squeakinator?

NP: B.A. - Summer of '69

it's the hair, I swear...it's making me do irrational things. Earlier today I found myself listening to Slippery When Wet at way too high of a volume.

It's getting cut next week.

hair cuts are overrated

not when I look like a shorter version of MacGyver...

not when I look like a shorter version of MacGyver...

whats wrong with that?