mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

my friends got the tranny out tonight

what fun that was... lol

we managed to do it without taking out the axles so the tranny is just sitting on the ground beneath the car

when i left them, they were off to Walmart to try to find the proper size 12-point socket to get the pressure plate off of the flywheel

Sounds like some good friends Tom.........

And WOOT for replacements.

J

Must be lacking in tools to not have a socket :wtf:

Sean, where are some good places to be looking for used wheel sets?

I bought all mine out of the local paper, but realize the last time I really rode my back it was 2000.

My guess now would be fleabay and craigslist. Or of course bike forums.

The beauty of pseudo high end bikes $1700 or so and under is that people buy them thinking it will be the last bike they own, but then after riding it for a short time realize there is a lighter option. They then liquidate either their parts of the whole bike and the resale on used stuff is usually less than 50% of the original selling price. If you buy right what you sell you can re-sell in two years for pretty much what you pay for it. It might require a little looking though.

If you do find some, let me konw. All this talk of bikes has me itching to ride and perhaps upgrade to another bike.

Can you list some good bike forums for me to look around on?

I'm not gonna find any in the local papers around here, pretty much no-one rides and if they have one its a 85$ wal-mart one.

That is great news,

BTW on a good note, mr. moyer, did you happen to notice a certain classic limited edition amplifier line on the shop??

here is a hint http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/forum/topic...?TOPIC_ID=25766

where is the 5 chn?

Not sure if the Distro has it, if they did I think I would sell off some old stuff to get one for myself. :)

Aaron, keep reminding me about that DVD!

Aaron, keep reminding me about that DVD!

DVD

tehe

*Ahem*

:stands on soap box:

CHAT BISHES

Danke.

Sean have you listened to that Reed Paper Seas? If not what is it that you like about it?

How crappy are these?

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/WH7...l+Wheelset.aspx

I do not want to spend more than 150-200 on wheels for the bike.

The hubs should be great, not a huge fan of the rims but again my info is a bit old.

I'd point you towards forums, but have never been on any. Between 1994-1996 I rode my bike more than 10k miles and from 1998 on probably a total of 500 :( It hasn't been in the forefront of my interests since, but is gaining again quickly. My biggest problem was moving to Chicago which pretty much sucks for mt biking. (I have been hit by a car twice and can't say that I am a big fan of riding on pavement).

What you are looking for in rims are quality hubs, machined blanks, and light weight. The lighter the reciprocating mass the better.

Sean have you listened to that Reed Paper Seas? If not what is it that you like about it?

Basically a stiffer cone and copper rings on a CA18rnx which IMO is an outstanding value driver. When I met with the DIYMA guys they could not believe the midbass output I have :D I think the new Reed paper is a step closer to the Nextel as the motor is slightly improved over the standard RNX, but at hardly a price increase. The slight hump in the response will be easily tamed as well making it a natural for simple h/u active processing in a car. I am forecasting a boner over that driver.

As for hearing it I haven't, but I do have to drive from Chicago to Mpls today which means I go right by Madisound :)

Reed paper Seas ? improved ca18rnx ?

i need to see that :D

the "25 to life" punch 150 is very tempting, but i think i'm going to hold my money for an sax100.4

ah...found it.

er18rnx :D

guess i should drop in and say hello. been a few days since i last posted.

sitting at work, waiting for the rush to come in, lol. like that is going to happen. who wants to invest in a shop? really thinking about opening my own, but i don't think my credit is strong enough to do it on my own. really hate working for a place where i have to worry about paychecks not clearing. all the guys here said they'll go with me, so finding employees isn't an issue. and a customer base? lol, all i have to do is tell them i'm opening my own, and this place won't have any customers.

yay for me.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Can you list some good bike forums for me to look around on?

I'm not gonna find any in the local papers around here, pretty much no-one rides and if they have one its a 85$ wal-mart one.

I personally read bikeforums.net

whether or not it's a decent forum compared to others I don't know. It has a lot of different sections though and you can find a lot of info if you search. Check it out, see what you think.

lol ricers suck.

i saw some stupid kid with a ricer blew a piston right out of the heed and lol i saw this other ricer and this kid was trying to be cool and he burnt out and hit mailboxes lol and his mom came outside and he said "MOM IM SOOO SORRY" PLEASE DONT GROUND ME! haha it was greattt

that was a bit arbitrary

I just found out about www.solen.ca.... looks like I have a Canadian distributor with prices that are about the same as Madisound, without crossing borders, and the resulting delays.

On this day in 1991, Helen Sharman became the first Briton to orbit in Space. In 1990 in France, a modified TGV train achieved a new rail world speed record of 320.1 mph. In 1958, an F-104 Starfighter set a world speed record of 1,404.19 mph. In 1953, Jackie Cochran became the first woman to break the sound barrier. And in 1910, the Earth passed through the tail of Comet Halley. Happy Birthday Tina Fey (1970), Yannick Noah (1960), Chow Yun-Fat (1955), Reggie Jackson (1946), Perry Como (1912) and Frank Capra (1897). RIP U.C. Berkeley's "Naked Guy" Andrew Martinez (2006), cartoon voice actor Daws Butler (1988), Joy Division singer Ian Curtis (1980) and first U.S. Congresswoman Jeannette Rankin (1973).

"If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?"

- Abraham Lincoln

I just found out about www.solen.ca.... looks like I have a Canadian distributor with prices that are about the same as Madisound, without crossing borders, and the resulting delays.

Just found out about them, LOL. They actually are partners with Madisound who supplies them with drivers.